percussion pieces

Can anyone recomend some resources for intermediate percussion such as street beats, solos and ensemble? Looking for anything that's interesting without being too difficult and yet fun to play. We are doing some of our own writing but it would be nice to have other pieces too. Currently have a basic line, snare, quads, bass, cymbals, bells and some various percussion. Thanks!

Dennis

Standish Guards

Plymouth MA

Can anyone recomend some resources for intermediate percussion such as street beats, solos and ensemble? Looking for anything that's interesting without being too difficult and yet fun to play. We are doing some of our own writing but it would be nice to have other pieces too. Currently have a basic line, snare, quads, bass, cymbals, bells and some various percussion. Thanks!

Dennis

Standish Guards

Plymouth MA

Did you post this on the Percussion forum? I'm just a horn player but, can your people play rudiments? Most Drum Corps' percussionists just play a whole bunch of varied rolls nowadays. Many can't even spell Rudiment. :lookaround: Just sayin..........

Edited by melligene

Most Drum Corps' percussionists just play a whole bunch of varied rolls nowadays. Many can't even spell Rudiment. Just sayin..........

Don't believe the hype. Most programs use rudiments in very creative ways. Same old argument, different day.

As for your original post. You should check out a book call "Field Level". It's published by Row Loff Productions. It sounds like it will fit your needs perfectly.

If you're looking for DCI-level material, Drop 6 Media (drop6.com) has a series of books called "On the Road Again" that are collections of corps cadences.

For a bit lower level than that, there's a good book of solo snare pieces called Aptitude that I recommend. It's got a good variety of difficulties.

Mike

Don't believe the hype. Most programs use rudiments in very creative ways. Same old argument, different day.

As for your original post. You should check out a book call "Field Level". It's published by Row Loff Productions. It sounds like it will fit your needs perfectly.

I was just going to recommend Row Loff! Not only will they work perfectly for your drumline, but if you have any other sort of percussion ensemble, they have a bunch of fun pieces that the kids will eat up. (check out "Heavy Metal.")

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I will certainly check them out. And just in case Melligene is wondering, not only are my drummers able to spell Rudimental, I got them to walk upright!

Dennis

Did you post this on the Percussion forum? I'm just a horn player but, can your people play rudiments? Most Drum Corps' percussionists just play a whole bunch of varied rolls nowadays. Many can't even spell Rudiment. :thumbup: Just sayin..........

Since when were rolls not rudiments?