1. 1. I would be okay with woodwinds during pre-show time for each corps

• True
    • False
    • I'll give it a chance before deciding
  2. 2. I would be okay with woodwinds any time during a show

• True
    • False
    • I'll give it a chance before deciding
  3. 3. If I give it a chance, and find that I hate woodwinds in DCI, I...

• will not attend any DCI shows until they are abolished
    • will attend shows close to me, but won't travel like I used to
    • will bite the bullet and keep going to shows like I always have
    • I won't give woodwinds a chance at all

I'll just go out on a limb here and predict that the negative responses will outpace the positives by the usualy 2:1+ margin, just like all the other polls that have been done here - not that such consistency is significant or anything....... :blink:

I agree.

Incidentally, no biggee, but I would use the term " no" responses and " yes " responses instead of " negative " responses and " positive " responses. Polls are meant to be neutral in terms of characterization of the vote. Voting by it's very nature then, is a positive thing, as it's provides insight into how the voters in the poll think on the subject matter in the poll. But again, no biggee.

Edited by BRASSO

Wasn't the point of drum and bugle corps NOT to have woodwinds????

...To produce a unique, distinctive, brass and percussion sound?

I quit with the synths.

But I can always hope...

Had a difficult time answering the third part because I'm not sure how I would react to woodwinds. I don't necessarily want to add woodwinds. On the other hand, I wouldn't have voted to use narration and yet loved what Bluecoats and certain others did with voice. If BD had a full-ahead jazz arrangement that integrated a sax solo beautifully, I might be happy. Or not. I doubt I would like to see dozens of flutes and clarinets marching. Putting the sound aside, I can't conjure an adequate visual solution.

HH

I heard RCC play Channel One suite with a line of saxes several years ago and I didn't like it as much as the different BD versions. Now it wasn't the performance level. It wasn't the arranger as Wayne Downey did every arrangement I'm talking about. It was the instrumentation. I just didn't care for it as much. It was just missing something, even with many of the same designers in the two groups.

I like marching band.

I like Drum corps.

I'd like to keep them distinct from one another as much as possible.

I have three quesions to add to this poll...

Which corps would be the FIRST to use woodwinds?

Which corps do you think will use woodwinds at all?

Which corps will NEVER use woodwinds? (assuming that a longterm trend wouldn't force every corps in DCI to use woodwinds)

1) Dumb question, obviously the Cadets I mean you have Hopkins :thumbup:

2) Well, quite a bit see last answer

3) well, I would say in the long term they would all use it in order to compete with each other, but starting off, I would say the ones not using them would be scouts, troopers, coats, phantom, crown, and possibly a few more, just im to tired to think about it.