Happy Birthday Dad...We're Going to Finals!

So, I toiled with the idea of what to get my dad for his 60th birthday last week. Milestone birthday, so you want to get something special. He had hinted a few times that he would be interested in going to a DCI show and that a father/son trip would also be fun. Soooo, I decided to take him to Finals next summer....his first live DCI show ever.

I'm very excited, but I need advice! I know there are threads somewhere on here talking about the stadium, but I thought I would just ask. Where are the best seats ($55 or $75 price level)? What sections/levels should I avoid? Obviously, the closer to the center the better, and I'd like to be high enough to really see the drill. Are the 600-level seats just one big echo-zone? Are they so far away you look like you are watching ants?

Thanks!

Waits for comments about the dome...

So, I toiled with the idea of what to get my dad for his 60th birthday last week. Milestone birthday, so you want to get something special. He had hinted a few times that he would be interested in going to a DCI show and that a father/son trip would also be fun. Soooo, I decided to take him to Finals next summer....his first live DCI show ever.

I'm very excited, but I need advice! I know there are threads somewhere on here talking about the stadium, but I thought I would just ask. Where are the best seats ($55 or $75 price level)? What sections/levels should I avoid? Obviously, the closer to the center the better, and I'd like to be high enough to really see the drill. Are the 600-level seats just one big echo-zone? Are they so far away you look like you are watching ants?

Thanks!

Last year at finals, I sat towards the top (I don't know exactly what section, though) towards the left. And to me, the echo was about the same as when I was right on the field performing in Open Class Semifinals and Finals. I don't know how the echo was in the middle sections, though. I do suggest, though, if you sit in the top section, try to get the middle/higher of the section. Me and the friends I was with sat towards the bottom of the section, and the fench thing to keep people from falling off was right in front of us, and I thought it was kind of annoying. But as far as the performers looking like ants from that high up, I really didn't think so.

I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. :smile:

At WC finals, I sat toward the middle-bottem on the 20. From what I member it was pretty echoey. Just about as echoey as when I was on the field OC finals. I suggest the middle as the best. I was standing toward the middle during some corps and it sounded better.

Take your dad to Allentown.

For $55-$75 Your seats will be on the 5 yard line in Indiana.( I paid $125 for Super Premium 20 yard line seats )

$55-$75 Will put you on the 50 in Allentown.

Great restaurant in Allentown- Salt of the Sea.

Indiana is great!

But...

I'm sure someone will say it.

wait for it... wait for it...

Edited by boxingfred

wait for it... wait for it...

Did you say that twice, or is there an echo in here?

Thanks!

I also like the Allentown idea....you get to see all the corps...on two nights. So you're Dad will actually see two corps shows. Finals is too expensive...at least for a first show, plus you only see 12 corps. I believe the Allentown Fair is usually going on the same weekend so there's some non-corps stuff to do as well. Plus...any seat in Allentown is good...and it's outside!

Take your dad to Allentown.

For $55-$75 Your seats will be on the 5 yard line in Indiana.( I paid $125 for Super Premium 20 yard line seats )

$55-$75 Will put you on the 50 in Allentown...

This can't be true if the dome is driving away all the fans from Indy and forcing into Allentown seats instead.

Anyway, go to finals. Your main object should to avoid a seat behind one of the plexiglass barriers set up to keep drunks from topplling over. Generally the higher rows in the section are safer in that regard. If value is key, quarters are the best value in drum corps. No matter what seat you buy, you can always move to suit your fancy.

HH

Did you say that twice, or is there an echo in here?

LOL

Thanks!

Show your dad that you like him and take him to DCA instead. :tongue: