Health Report

:shutup: Tom -

Glad to hear everything is going ok. I had quad bypass surgery in '96 and have 17 stents. I only tell you this to let you know that there's plenty of room in there. Just had my treadmill test about 2 weeks ago and finally passed one. Whether you want to hear this or not, you "must" get exercise on a regular basis. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular, but you need to keep that heart muscle active and it will get stronger. I'm certain that's what's finally helping me. Take care of yourself, eat well, but don't be so strict you can't stick to it. Everything in moderation will keep you on the proper track. Good luck and take care.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Through your recovery Tom, you still found time to help me.

Thanks for being there and get well soon. Prayers from Arkansas.

Our dream here is almost a reality.

I've received so many well wishes and concerns that I guess it's time to bring people up to date on my health issues.

Since an initial attack on January 11th, I have been hospitalized 3 different times for coronary artery disease. I'm sporting some stents following 3 different catherizations and angioplasties (thank you Bill Cook and his engineering staff) and am finally feeling much better. I still have one unresolved blockage that may have to be dealt with in the not too distant future, but they appear to have cleared things enough to avoid the need for by-pass surgery.

One more week of rest at home and I should be "almost" 100%.

Thank you to all for the many well wishes, suggestions and anecdotal stories over the past 7 weeks.

Glad youre doing better. Get well soon ,Santa. :thumbdown:

Glad youre doing better. Get well soon ,Santa. :thumbdown:

Everyone has a story, so here's mine. I was at Disney World last Feb. (2009) with my grandchildren when I experienced some achiness in my shoulder which I had been having for a few months. Thought it was arthritis, but my family insisted I check it out at first aid. Winded up having 4 stents. The only ride I got to go on at Disney was the ambulance ride. Three weeks later I was marching in St. Patricks Day parades with my Crusaders. Now if I could only overcome my spinal stenosis.

My best advise is to keep a positive attitude, heavily involved in doing the things you love best.

Art

Get well Tom from and old friend.

Dale

I had one stent put in. I was on track to have gastric bypass until I was told 3 weeks before the surgery that my plan didn't cover it. SUX! So I lost 15 lbs in the last month (Per Drs. visit March 1 and April1. I'll do it myself!!!

My best to all of you who are living with these stents and heart ailments. We just have to eat healthy and LESS.

Everyone has a story, so here's mine. I was at Disney World last Feb. (2009) with my grandchildren when I experienced some achiness in my shoulder which I had been having for a few months. Thought it was arthritis, but my family insisted I check it out at first aid. Winded up having 4 stents. The only ride I got to go on at Disney was the ambulance ride. Three weeks later I was marching in St. Patricks Day parades with my Crusaders. Now if I could only overcome my spinal stenosis.

My best advise is to keep a positive attitude, heavily involved in doing the things you love best.

Art

I've received so many well wishes and concerns that I guess it's time to bring people up to date on my health issues.

Since an initial attack on January 11th, I have been hospitalized 3 different times for coronary artery disease. I'm sporting some stents following 3 different catherizations and angioplasties (thank you Bill Cook and his engineering staff) and am finally feeling much better. I still have one unresolved blockage that may have to be dealt with in the not too distant future, but they appear to have cleared things enough to avoid the need for by-pass surgery.

Thank you to all for the many well wishes, suggestions and anecdotal stories over the past 7 weeks.

Hi Tom. As many others have observed, this was a fairly well kept secret. You and I have discussed on a couple of occasions the fact that you are a little short for your weight:)) Please take good care of yourself and work on feeling as well as possible. You have a lot of folks who care and are pulling for you.

Do they give you a choice of who you can be almost 100% of? Like if I were 96% of Bill Gates I wouldn't care if I were only 60% of Johnny Holmes, ya know what I mean?

Is there some choice with this? You could be 99% of Jon Gosselin and still be in a world of hurt - or 85% of Tiger Woods or Jesse James and be more exhausted than before your surgery.

98% of Donny Allen you could play the Double Bb at will but not get the Double C - that's the other 2%.

You see, there's something to this...

Edited by rayfallon

Do they give you a choice of who you can be almost 100% of? Like if I were 96% of Bill Gates I wouldn't care if I were only 60% of Johnny Holmes, ya know what I mean?

Is there some choice with this? You could be 99% of Jon Gosselin and still be in a world of hurt - or 85% of Tiger Woods or Jesse James and be more exhausted than before your surgery.

98% of Donny Allen you could play the Double Bb at will but not get the Double C - that's the other 2%.

You see, there's something to this...

lol

you BAD.... and Donnie will get even....

thanks Ray