Dinosaurs (LOL) who go to shows today

per2100:

Well, to make this a valid analogy, did you play 5-8 years of football with LSU?

Of course not, but there are plenty of things I did in my youth that I don't do anymore (or spend time now complaining about). For example, I used to LOVE skating (skate board). I would do tricks, sometimes to the half pipe thing, etc. But at some point lost interest. I stopped paying attention to the trends, lost interest in the "scene," music, styles of clothing, etc. I'm just not really a big fan anymore.

And I haven't even thought of going on a forum to talk about how the smaller, thinner boards with the fancier trucks make it SO much easier to do tricks now-a-days, or claim that the huge fat boards I owned were "real" skate boards and the weirder styles in vogue now are not the real deal.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course not, but there are plenty of things I did in my youth that I don't do anymore (or spend time now complaining about). For example, I used to LOVE skating (skate board). I would do tricks, sometimes to the half pipe thing, etc. But at some point lost interest. I stopped paying attention to the trends, lost interest in the "scene," music, styles of clothing, etc. I'm just not really a big fan anymore.

And I haven't even thought of going on a forum to talk about how the smaller, thinner boards with the fancier trucks make it SO much easier to do tricks now-a-days, or claim that the huge fat boards I owned were "real" skate boards and the weirder styles in vogue now are not the real deal.

See that would be a closer analogy than what you mentioned before but you still miss the mark. How many years DID you skate and did you do it competitively for 5-8 years? I also noticed they didn't motorize the board.