Pioneer Drum and Bugle Corps

i'll be sure to take some lot videos this summer.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are getting better...the kids are getting stronger, and we are pleased with the way things are going.

We still need some guard girls and a few brass players but we have had some exciting news about the opportunity to fill them. I really could use a couple of tuba players.

Donny

Very good to hear. I'll be watching them for sure.

I marched 8 years in the MADISON SCOUTS, and one of my favorites of all time was Make his Praise Glorious. Actually my last opener in DCI. I cant wait to hear it agian on the field. Its a sacred song to a whole bunch of people so, good luck. This in my opionion will be your make or brake song. Cant wait till next Sat. here in Madison. I think we are real close to a sell out. Its funny, next week I get to hear both of my last two songs that I played in DCI. I hope they both blow me away. GO PIONEER!

GO IRISH TEAM!!!

Id like to see Roman sr. win some shows. When was that last time PIONEER won a world class show? Anybody?

Have they ever won a world class show?

Have they ever won a world class show?

To be fair, how many corps at all have won a world class show?

The truer test is Pioneers staying power. They are survivors.

If dropping names is what we're doing, Star of Indiana, Sacramento Freelancers, Velvet Knights, Magic of Orlando, Patriots, 3rd Regiment, Kiwanis Kavaliers, Tarheel Suns, HYPE, Capitol Regiment, Southwind, Esperanza, Fever, Yamato, etc. The list could go on and on, and these are corps in recent memory. Should we start back in 1973 when the corps we now call Pioneer was created the list would be more extensive.

I dont mean to ruffle any feathers here, but I wish the corps would adapt to current colorguard trends. Contrary to belief, GUYS can do

colorguard !!!!!!!!!!! Maybe if they had a co-ed colorguard, they'd have a full guard.............???

Coming from a corps that has a huge tradition behind it, I know how HARD it is to "open" ones mind when those that lead has theirs set.

Tradition can still be maintained....... this corps has been doing a great job of keeping to its roots over the years..... I just dont believe that

the world would come to an end if guys were in the guard.... This corps has a deep root in teaching it's members well... and I believe the

retention rate would improve with a more updated member theory. But.. hey..its not my corps !! Im hoping well wishes for Pioneer this summer!

Edited by Briggs1