Houston: - Which night?

Since the Alamodome is off limits this year :thumbup: I'm traveling to Houston for one night of drum corps. I'm leaning towards the Friday show

since the lineup has my favorite 4 corps. If you were in my shoes, what night would you choose?

Thursday, July 22:

The Academy - Tempe, AZ

Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

Cascades - Seattle, WA

Glassmen - Toledo, OH

Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Spirit - Atlanta, GA

Troopers - Casper, WY

Friday, July 23:

Blue Devils - Concord, CA

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Colts - Dubuque, IA

Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

I will miss SCV and the Troopers from Thursday the most but can live without the rest since

I'll have the fan network this year.

Since the Alamodome is off limits this year :thumbup: I'm traveling to Houston for one night of drum corps. I'm leaning towards the Friday show

since the lineup has my favorite 4 corps. If you were in my shoes, what night would you choose?

Thursday, July 22:

The Academy - Tempe, AZ

Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

Cascades - Seattle, WA

Glassmen - Toledo, OH

Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Spirit - Atlanta, GA

Troopers - Casper, WY

Friday, July 23:

Blue Devils - Concord, CA

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Colts - Dubuque, IA

Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

I will miss SCV and the Troopers from Thursday the most but can live without the rest since

I'll have the fan network this year.

That's kind of funny because my faves are mostly on Thursday: Troop (of course), Crown, SCV, Blue Stars and Bluecoats. That's the night I'll go for sure.

That's kind of funny because my faves are mostly on Thursday: Troop (of course), Crown, SCV, Blue Stars and Bluecoats. That's the night I'll go for sure.

I really wish I could do both nights but being a single parent I don't feel right being gone two nights in a row. Now I did try getting my kid interested in drum corps but that was a failed effort. I hope San Antonio will be on the fan network Saturday and Sunday!

For me this would be a really hard choice.

My favorites from thursday are:

Bluecoats

Blue Stars

Crown

Vanguard

Troopers

My favorites from friday:

Cadets

Cavaliers

Boston

Blue Devils

Madison

I really don't know what I would do... Probably Thursday because of my home corps.

Favorites from Thursday:

Bluecoats

Carolina Crown

Santa Clara Vanguard

Spirit

Favorites from Friday:

Blue Knights

Cavaliers

Phantom Regiment

With the exception of SCV, I have friends marching in all of these corps, so that would make them even...however, considering how much I also love SCV, that would tip the scale for me to Thursday.

Makes me glad I'm only 30 minutes away. SCV, Troopers and Crown pull me to Thursday while Madison, Phantom and BD pull me towards Friday!

Terri, are you going to be working the Troopers booth?

Makes me glad I'm only 30 minutes away. SCV, Troopers and Crown pull me to Thursday while Madison, Phantom and BD pull me towards Friday!

Terri, are you going to be working the Troopers booth?

If I'm going to be volunteering I'll likely be on food truck or doing what I did last year. Because I was driving my own vehicle I volunteered to drive ahead of the corps by an hour or 2 and helped set up the next housing site. I was exhausted by the end of that week with all that late night driving, and then getting up 3 hours later to help with errands and food. I'll be around though - that's for sure. Look for me waving my yellow scarf in the stands!

I really wish I could do both nights but being a single parent I don't feel right being gone two nights in a row. Now I did try getting my kid interested in drum corps but that was a failed effort. I hope San Antonio will be on the fan network Saturday and Sunday!

How old are your kids, and do you have any family around that could help out for both nights? My li'l gal has been going to drum corps shows for the last 2 years (started when she was 4 years old), but only 1 per year - the Houston show so far since my sisters usually join me and help keep her happy. I hope you find a way to go to both!

How old are your kids, and do you have any family around that could help out for both nights? My li'l gal has been going to drum corps shows for the last 2 years (started when she was 4 years old), but only 1 per year - the Houston show so far since my sisters usually join me and help keep her happy. I hope you find a way to go to both!

My daughter is 15 and she will spend that Friday night with my ex but their relationship is strained to the point that I won't make her spend two nights there if she doesn't want to. And she doesn't want to. It's a crappy situation but I get to see her every day - and that makes life good.