Glassmen 2010

The answer is yes Rod Owen's the former tour director for the corps is now with " The Trooper's "

and " The Glassmen's " new tour director is Mike McGreevy Last years Drum major . Mike seem's to be doing

a fine job for the corps and I like him alot , it's a big job and I think he will be just fine ! The corps needed some

new blood and Mike is the ticket . As far as Rod is concerned I am not at liberty to say anything but good to

him and the Troopers for a sucessful season .

any reason Rod left?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear.

Serious blow for Gmen tonight. Going into Denver being ranked in a lower group than you are used to will be a challenge- although the past two years have seen the Glassmen repeatedly in the company of corps they end up beating by two or three places come august... Honestly, I just think they're better than last year by a good margin and it would royally suck if they aren't rewarded for that improvement. Not just for the members, but for supporters and potential members... who wants to join a corps that is being leapfrogged? I don't put a whole lot of faith in the actual numbers coming into regionals- judges have to squeeze everyone in there somehow- but the gap between G and BK is telling. To be six-pointed by the corps they handily beat last year is just depressing. Kudos to BK for their massive jump, of course, but :tongue:

Remember that they are not being judged on last year. They are being judged by what they are doing on the field this season. That said while I don't think they are on the level of BK at this point in the season, I don't know that they are truly six points off of BK/SCV. The show in Loveland last night was screwy in timing. I think G-men got caught in the middle of the messy timing and that might have had a play on them last night. There were some odd breaks in the Loveland show that were done on the fly and I don't know that they got the word in time.

I will say that I really enjoyed this year’s G-Men. I think they have some very nice moments and some really good sounds from their horns! I think that if they can get feet cleaned up and a little more confidence or swagger that they can rock this product!

Good luck Glassmen, thank you for a great show!

Robb

BK Mello '96 '97

The answer is yes Rod Owen's the former tour director for the corps is now with " The Trooper's "

and " The Glassmen's " new tour director is Mike McGreevy Last years Drum major . Mike seem's to be doing

a fine job for the corps and I like him alot , it's a big job and I think he will be just fine ! The corps needed some

new blood and Mike is the ticket . As far as Rod is concerned I am not at liberty to say anything but good luck to

him and the Troopers for a sucessful season .

Actually, Mike McGreevy was the DM in 2008; last season was Cory Edgar and Chris Martin. I am definitely looking forward to seeing some Glassmen on the 20th in Edmond, OK. (Sure hope the G Cloud stays away for the show, haha.)

Finally sat down and watched this show on FN. I have to preface this by saying that I'd put it off until last because I was *not* excited about the source material (the epitome of floaty, etherial, directionless music) and some of the early reviews that called the show esoteric.

My comments after seeing the show - um, what show were *those* guys watching? The program I saw was a perfectly fine, drum-corps-ey type show. It had some neat drill moves, nice drum features, music that, if you still weren't going home singing, did have nice melodies and great flow to it, and overall, just a fun, classy vibe to it. I didn't find the show esoteric or over-my-head at all - I got what they were doing, no problem.

And their new (well, two years now) uniforms are still outstanding on the field!

I'd say that from what I've seen so far that it's a finalist-calibre design, and they seem to be right on the edge of finalist-calibre performance. I would be quite happy to see this Glassmen show in the Finals night lineup, and would consider having that show on there a point *for* buying the DVD's.

:tongue:

Mike

[/quote

I agree. In my opinion, the Gmen have a better show design, better music and are cleaner than they have been at this point of the season than they have been for at least four years.

It's too bad that the scores that started out so promising, have not continued to climb as maybe they should. (76.1 as opposed to 78.1 on the same date last year.) although this years production is decidedly cleaner.

Looking forward to the webcast tonight. Hoping for a good clean performance.

Edited by Widge

Great show last weekend all. Keep working, this is a marathon not a sprint. Looking for big things from you all here this last month. GO GLASSMEN!

And great job closing that gap with BK last night! Keep it up!

When was the last time Glassmen beat SCV in percussion?

SCV was the only line we never beat at least once during the season in '98 (rightfully so, that '98 SCV line is one of my favorites)

I would venture to guess at some point between '99 and '02 it would have happened at some point. I think Glassmen beat Vanguard as a full corps a couple of times in early 2000 or 2001 on a west coast tour they did.