The Roof Will Be Open

well, he wanted to be on jackass doing that whole kite in a thunderstorm thing

You know who was really a punk??? Ben ****ing Franklin. What was he thinking???

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they are not a big deal, whether you write it in all caps or not.

advantage Nick.

Lol, Jeff...you stayed awake and waited....for THAT???

I guess when all else fails, just say "because I said so..."

No, they are not a big deal, whether you write it in all caps or not.

What is a big deal, then?

Woodwinds? String sections? Moving indoors totally? Only having ten or twelve corps left?

Losing DCI altogether?

Some of these scenarios are more likely than others, of course, but I think you might go a long way towards clarifying your thought process if you can describe what "is" a big deal, so we can work backwards from that and find some common ground.

In some ways, after ten years or so of trying to get it passed, amps weren't a "big deal" . . .it was just something that finally got rammed through after repeating the request ad nauseum, so if you're looking at it that way, I suppose I see where you're coming from.

Not to spoil anyone's fun, but how does any of this relate to the topic of this thread? :doh:

Not to spoil anyone's fun, but how does any of this relate to the topic of this thread? :doh:

Lol....i had to go back 5 pages to find where this tangent started. Something to do with the ineptitude of DCI and the changes they allowed over the years...i think. Or maybe not...

how low end synth patches contribute to the boominess inside

how low end synth patches contribute to the boominess inside

YUP

Actually if they removed the curtain it might make it a little less boomy supposedly... because the curtain soaks up the high sounds supposedly??? And that allows the low sounds to travel more... or something... someone said something about that in another thread.

I could be completely wrong... don't know much about the actual physics of it, but it makes complete sense in my head.

well I know since i'll be there, I'll be sure to post on here LIVE about the difference from closed to Open.