The Final 24 hours of Crunchy Auction

hehheh... any takers?

Put it this way, to quote an "innocent" bystander after watching CF v1.0 in '03... "That's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back."

shhhhhhhhhhhh... Crunchy Frog!

That may have been me.

:tongue:

Not to possibly derail the thread, but could someone give me a brief history lesson about what Crunchy Frog is? and why (from what I've seen on DCP) people hate it or love it. Seems like an interesting group to me.

Love or hate of CF obviously depends on who you talk to. People that love it seem to look at it as a group of like minded people being crazy and having fun. People who hate it seem to have the mind set that they are making a mockery of the Mini Corps competition. This may not be true, but watching the

of 2003, they even state they are going for negative points(take note of the interview at 1:48). That of course is directly opposite of the notion of "competition", thus the assumption they are making a mockery of the competition.

In 2004, there were even more people than 2003. I believe this is what led to the rule that rather than getting a penalty for too many people, you simply would not be allowed to perform.

Edited by MiniSopGuy

Anyone who hates the Crunchy Frog concept needs to track down videos of the brass ensemble Mnozil, which you can find on YouTube.

This Austrian brass ensemble is doing almost the exact same concept as Crunchy Frog in 3D!, and every show on their tour right now is currently sold out. I saw them perform at UCLA this week, and they had a line of 70-people on ticket "stand-by" in case someone who bought a ticket did not show up ... it was Beatlemania

Of course, the fact that Mnozil features seven of the best brass players that I have ever heard in my life does not hurt their appeal.

Crunchy Frog in 3D! is not intended to hurt minicorps ... it is intended to re-invigorate and re-define it. We're all on the same team here.

Playing on my Nascar idea.Using Ebay and dutch auction you could sell inidivual sponsorships at a price of say $50 for a total of 100 sponsors. The sponsorships would allow the winner to place a corps patch or something similar on the frog or maybe sponsor a patch tatooed lesbian vampire?Just a thought.

Anyone who hates the Crunchy Frog concept needs to track down videos of the brass ensemble Mnozil, which you can find on YouTube.

This Austrian brass ensemble is doing almost the exact same concept as Crunchy Frog in 3D!, and every show on their tour right now is currently sold out. I saw them perform at UCLA this week, and they had a line of 70-people on ticket "stand-by" in case someone who bought a ticket did not show up ... it was Beatlemania

Of course, the fact that Mnozil features seven of the best brass players that I have ever heard in my life does not hurt their appeal.

Crunchy Frog in 3D! is not intended to hurt minicorps ... it is intended to re-invigorate and re-define it. We're all on the same team here.

Saw them last week in NYC....honestly I found them far more entertaining. Not saying that to tick you or anyone else off. Just that we all find humor in different things for different reasons.

Really, I couldn't think of a less worthwhile use of disposable income, but ...

Perhaps the next step is to sponsor logos to be tattooed across CF members foreheads, with a premium price for permanent ink.

Really, I couldn't think of a less worthwhile use of disposable income, but ...

Perhaps the next step is to sponsor logos to be tattooed across CF members foreheads, with a premium price for permanent ink.

i applaud them for thinking outside the box. even if you don't like them, at least they're trying and daring to be different and raise funds