Empire in CA?

I won't say who, but one of our DCP friends implied that Empire was not coming out to California this year after all. I can find no reference to this on Empire's site.

As it's an 8 hour drive north and I was hoping to catch them this year...can someone with the corps confirm or deny this?? The West Coast Showdown is always a good show, but I don't want to plan for that trip and THEN find out that Empire ain't making the trip.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam I believe your correct. When the 'Gades had to cancel their trip east prior to finals, Empire also cancelled the west coast trip.

Ahhh crap....I didn't know Renegades had canceled that trip. Ah well....it was such a nice dream to have Empire out here.

Perhaps in the future, as they DID actually make the decision to come out initially, and they were probably in the best financial position at the time to do so.

Ah well....it was such a nice dream to have Empire out here.
Has anyone in any official capacity actually said Empire ain't going West or is this just rumor? Granted that at the time the trip was announced, given the state of the economy, it was going to be a bit of a strech. And perhaps it was ill advised to announce it until they had all the ducks in a row. What do you think, Sal?? Edited by VOReason

Has anyone in any official capacity actually said Empire ain't going West or is this just rumor? Granted that at the time the trip was announced, given the state of the economy, it was going to be a bit of a strech. And perhaps it was ill advised to announce it until they had all the ducks in a row. What do you think, Sal??

You are correct. We are not going to California this year. The Renegades had to pull from coming to our show in July (which isn't a suprise with the current economy - with having to come back again Labor Day weekend) and a few weeks later after looking at how much the Renegades were going to have to shell out to take care of us once we got to the West Coast we had a long talk and decided this isn't the year to take on this project. Hopefully someday in the future!

You are correct. We are not going to California this year. The Renegades had to pull from coming to our show in July (which isn't a suprise with the current economy - with having to come back again Labor Day weekend) and a few weeks later after looking at how much the Renegades were going to have to shell out to take care of us once we got to the West Coast we had a long talk and decided this isn't the year to take on this project. Hopefully someday in the future!
So this was more of an issue with the 'Gades financial position than the logistics for Empire? BTW, what kind of care were the 'Gades going to provide that would be such a financial burden on THEM assuming travel, lodging, and food would be the responsibilty of Empire and their members? Bummer though.... Edited by VOReason

So this was more of an issue with the 'Gades financial position than the logistics for Empire? BTW, what kind of care were the 'Gades going to provide that would be such a financial burden on THEM assuming travel, lodging, and food would be the responsibilty of Empire and their members? Bummer though....

The plan was..... They get to Rochester and we take care of everything.... Buses - Housing & One meal a day.

We got to California and they take care of us... buses - Housing & one meal a day.....

Has anyone in any official capacity actually said Empire ain't going West or is this just rumor? Granted that at the time the trip was announced, given the state of the economy, it was going to be a bit of a strech. And perhaps it was ill advised to announce it until they had all the ducks in a row. What do you think, Sal??

The only reason I mentioned it as a "RUMOR"was to give Empire or Renagades the chance to announce it first and only after Mr. Gamin mentioned the trip in his post as being a reason for members not to jump this late in the spring.I believe the members have known this for a while now.At the end of my post I also said "wait for it".

Edited by Sal Rosenburg

The only reason I mentioned it as a "RUMOR"was to give Empire or Renagades the chance to announce it first and only after Mr. Gamin mentioned the trip in his post as being a reason for members not to jump this late in the spring.I believe the members have known this for a while now.At the end of my post I also said "wait for it".
Oh, I see.....