Empire in CA?

I really hate to think that this was a collaborative effort by both Corps' to increase their respective membership. I'm sure the intentions were genuine by both the Renegades and the Statesmen. Just sayin........

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people tend to let their emotions rise up at DCA and then reality sinks in. the economy stinks and it did last year. i think it was a great idea but the money involved would be tremendous. i'm not surprised. to bad though. it would have been great for DCA and the 2 corps.

I really hate to think that this was a collaborative effort by both Corps' to increase their respective membership. I'm sure the intentions were genuine by both the Renegades and the Statesmen. Just sayin........

So.... you also know the name of the gunman on the grassy knoll? :tongue:

Fran

The intentions of this all wasn't to recruit in any way.....we were going to add to DCA (and world-wide) history.

The intentions of this all wasn't to recruit in any way.....we were going to add to DCA (and world-wide) history.

and i believe that. it makes sense. money is a big deal though and i'm sure when you add it all up it was way to much.

and i believe that. it makes sense. money is a big deal though and i'm sure when you add it all up it was way to much.

I also believe that it MUST be for the reasons given by the groups. I am a Big Fan of both.

But, I must also say. It is a darn shame that Empire who has had Home Town - DCA Championships for YEARS. does not take a Big Trip once a year to a Calif, Minn, Wisc, Atlanta, or a Tenn. I know this year would be an awful hard time. But if CorVets, Rens, and Minn Etc can find a way at least ONCE a Year. Both - Buc's, Empire and/or Cabs, really need to try, IF at all POSSIBLE to do that. Here is hoping Next year may be the year.

Good Luck to MY Favorites - "EMPIRE" - RENEGADES - KILTS - CABS - and YES, to All the other DCA members also.

Hurry back R. Cru. and Brigs!!!! (Even if Class A. We still would rather have you on the Field.)

Edited by OldStyleCorps

.....we were going to add to DCA (and world-wide) history.
Well, DCA history at least. Not quite sure what impact Empire's California trip would have made on the world stage. And hey, couldn't Empire use the money they would have spent on the 'Gades visit to send just their corp to California. After all, East coast fans will get the chance to see 'Gades just one week later. Anyone thought of that? Unless of course, Empires financial situation also prevents this. Edited by VOReason

Well, DCA history at least. Not quite sure what impact Empire's California trip would have made on the world stage. And hey, couldn't Empire use the money they would have spent on the 'Gades visit to send just their corp to California. After all, East coast fans will get the chance to see 'Gades just one week later. Anyone thought of that? Unless of course, Empires financial situation also prevents this.

True, but I think people would still be talking about Empire Statesmen and "Oz" Instead of Blue Devils and whatever they play that year.

The deal was that we took care of them, and they take care of us.

Once part of the deal is gone then it's kind of hard, especially when we have new uniforms to buy this year.

We have money, but not a "ton" like some people claim. If this corps ever folded it wouldn't be from money issues.

:tongue:

I also believe that it MUST be for the reasons given by the groups. I am a Big Fan of both.

But, I must also say. It is a darn shame that Empire who has had Home Town - DCA Championships for YEARS. does not take a Big Trip once a year to a Calif, Minn, Wisc, Atlanta, or a Tenn. I know this year would be an awful hard time. But if CorVets, Rens, and Minn Etc can find a way at least ONCE a Year. Both - Buc's, Empire and/or Cabs, really need to try, IF at all POSSIBLE to do that. Here is hoping Next year may be the year.

Good Luck to MY Favorites - "EMPIRE" - RENEGADES - KILTS - CABS - and YES, to All the other DCA members also.

Hurry back R. Cru. and Brigs!!!! (Even if Class A. We still would rather have you on the Field.)

Agreed! We have some good groups down south, but I know the local crowd would get behind DCA much more if it saw some of its best groups down here. Think about how people would feel about DCI if the best group that took the field in the south was the Colts. Great group, but nothing like the Cadets, SCV, BD, etc.

If we want DCA to grow, we need to help each other out in that regard. I understand it costs more money, but these other guys can do it and not be in serious financial trouble. I know I would love to see some of the Top 5 in Atlanta. I would actually travel to Tenn. if they could even make it that far!

Agreed! We have some good groups down south, but I know the local crowd would get behind DCA much more if it saw some of its best groups down here. Think about how people would feel about DCI if the best group that took the field in the south was the Colts. Great group, but nothing like the Cadets, SCV, BD, etc.

If we want DCA to grow, we need to help each other out in that regard. I understand it costs more money, but these other guys can do it and not be in serious financial trouble. I know I would love to see some of the Top 5 in Atlanta. I would actually travel to Tenn. if they could even make it that far!

i know i'm an old guy but let me explain something to you. in 1969 we went to atlanta for the A.L. NATS. it took us 2 years to recoup that money. in 1965 we went to portland oregon and it a few years to recoup. corps stopped going to the A.L. NATS because of how much it cost. now i know it seems grossly unfair for the top corps not to go south or west and you all come to the northeast. i get it. but corps just will not do it because of the cost. i don't have any answers and nobody else does either. it's a tough thing. i guess that's why in my time DCA never grew. it was cost prohibative.