DCP Polls

DCP Polls - Personal Preferences or Unbiased Opinions?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How "impartial" are the average DCP poll results?

• 100% educated, unbiased opinion
    • 75% educated, unbiased opinion, 25% personal preference
    • 50% educated, unbiased opinion, 50% personal preference
    • 25% educated, unbiased opinion, 75% personal preference
    • 100% personal preference

So should I answer this poll based on my unbiased education or my personal preference of DCP polls?

In my personal biased and uneducated opinion, you should vote how your conscience tells you how to vote.

And by all means, don' t let you conscience talk back to you. Having an argument with oneself is a no no.

Especially if you keep winning the argument. That's because your conscience will then up and leave if you win all the arguments. And who wants to lose such a valuable friend ?

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you put a poll asking for "your favorite" right there, that's asking for personal bias, not objectivity

True that - but all too often people give a "your favorite" answer to a "the best" question.

And as much as we can ONLY trust the results of THIS poll to be 25% educated opinion, I'm amazed that the results average wasn't about 50%. It just sounds a lot of the time in here that people use the DCP polls to support and defend various opinions.

True that - but all too often people give a "your favorite" answer to a "the best" question.

And as much as we can ONLY trust the results of THIS poll to be 25% educated opinion, I'm amazed that the results average wasn't about 50%. It just sounds a lot of the time in here that people use the DCP polls to support and defend various opinions.

Who would have ever thought that ( as you said ) that " people use a poll to support and defend various opinions " ?

Thank heavens that politicians, tv and radio sports commentators, advertisers, BCS College System, college coaches, market research firms, congressional lobbyists, DCI, Sports teams, newspaper columnists, college professors, etc never do such a thing.

Edited by BRASSO

Who would have ever thought that ( as you said ) that " people use a poll to support and defend various opinions " ?

Thank heavens that politicians, sports commentators, advertisers, BCS College System, college coaches, market research firms, congressional lobbyists, etc never do such a thing.

They usually hire professionals to insure accurate sampling. If they want to be taken seriously, anyway. Kind of important factor there.

They usually hire professionals to insure accurate sampling. Kind of important factor there.

True.

If a professional was hired by DCP to analyse the wording of this thread's wording ( let alone " accurate sampling " ) that professional might actually return their fee with a note stating their belly is hurting from laughing so hard at the question as currently worded.

Edited by BRASSO

I like polls that require either a yes or a no answer and leave the option for picking both.

a) " Yes "

b) " No "

c) " Yes and No "

This could make for a fun tabulation and poll result analysis as well.

kinda like most polls. hello politics.

We've just had 12 posts in a row that had nothing to do with drum corps or DCP.

I suspect this thread has officially jumped the shark.