2010 DCA Championship - Ticket Sales

On line ticket sales for the 2010 DCA World Championship are now open.

http://www.dcacorps.org

click on the championship logo

Thanks Tom. Is this the first time DCA has sold tickets to geneal public before the mailing list people were informed?

Thanks Tom. Is this the first time DCA has sold tickets to geneal public before the mailing list people were informed?

something is amiss... you should have received your pre order 6 weeks ago... has your postal address chenged... ???

Got mine weeks ago as well. Tickets already ordered and paid for.

:laughing:

Is it open seating between the 25's for $57? If not, why can't you pick a seat? Because this:

DCA Championship Finals

LOWER LEVEL SEATING

Sunday, September 5, 2010 - 5:30 PM

Premium Reserved Seats Inside the 25 Yard Lines

item #LOFINA

Is a real crapshoot for where you could end up sitting! You're going to get a ticket based on however the seats are being filled by the person filling orders. Is the center section between the 45s filled first then the next section out between the 40s and 45s filled? If so, then it is possible for me to end up in the front row just inside the 45 then the next ticket issued could be back row outside the 45 which I would prefer over the front row. However I have no way of knowing. I could end up out at the 25 in the lower section while a seat just outside the 40 in the upper section was still available. The upper section 40 would be prefered in this scenario.

Please understand that I am not bashing DCA, rather I am pointing out, as a fan, that ticketing is not very fan friendly. Rather than pricing with a broad brush from 25 to 25 as the same price, perhaps more break downs could be made(ie. between the 45s; between 45s & 40s; between the 40s & 35s; etc). Sure this would be more difficult for issuing tickets, but the fan$ pay the money and they would have a better shot at sitting where they want and the fan$ could be happier with their seats. As is, I could pay $57 and end up on the 25 yardline while someone else also paid $57 but ended up on the 45 all because the tickets are issued in a way that I have no idea where my seat will be. That is not right and I would probably never return to DCA championships.

If it is "open" seating and my $57 simply guarantees me a seat between the 25s, then I could see placing an order. It is then up to me to get there early enough to get my preferred seat. If it is assigned, then DCA needs to find a way to be more speciofic as to the seat you buy.

Edit for correction of non-VIP seats on upper level.

Edited by Just Another Sop

If I read the flyer correctly you can not get tickets inside the 40's unless you buy the VIP seats.....

Also, General Admissions for the alumni show are outside the 40's....

The ushers have to set alot of fans straight on that at the show these past few years......

Please inform me if I am wrong....

Pete

Edited by joefanalum

Is it open seating between the 25's for $57? If not, why can't you pick a seat? Because this:

DCA Championship Finals

LOWER LEVEL SEATING

Sunday, September 5, 2010 - 5:30 PM

Premium Reserved Seats Inside the 25 Yard Lines

item #LOFINA

Is a real crapshoot for where you could end up sitting! You're going to get a ticket based on however the seats are being filled by the person filling orders. Is the center section between the 45s filled first then the next section out between the 40s and 45s filled? If so, then it is possible for me to end up in the front row just inside the 45 then the next ticket issued could be back row outside the 45 which I would prefer over the front row. However I have no way of knowing. I could end up out at the 25 in the lower section while a seat on the 45 in the upper section was still available. The upper section 45 would be prefered in this scenario.

Please understand that I am not bashing DCA, rather I am pointing out, as a fan, that ticketing is not very fan friendly. Rather than pricing with a broad brush from 25 to 25 as the same price, perhaps more break downs could be made(ie. between the 45s; between 45s & 40s; between the 40s & 35s; etc). Sure this would be more difficult for issuing tickets, but the fan$ pay the money and they would have a better shot at sitting where they want and the fan$ could be happier with their seats. As is, I could pay $57 and end up on the 25 yardline while someone else also paid $57 but ended up on the 45 all because the tickets are issued in a way that I have no idea where my seat will be. That is not right and I would probably never return to DCA championships.

If it is "open" seating and my $57 simply guarantees me a seat between the 25s, then I could see placing an order. It is then up to me to get there early enough to get my preferred seat. If it is assigned, then DCA needs to find a way to be more speciofic as to the seat you buy.

Suffice to say that section(s) 107 lower deck and 307 upper deck....basically from 45 to 45 are VIP seating. Beyond that.....you need to order your tickets ASAP to get good seating outside of those perameters. It's just that simple. It's not a debateable issue. Just sayin.......