Cavies 2010

He lost a battle with the program coordinator. Bruno didnt want to fire the brass guy and the board backed the program coordinator.

Too bad, the organization lost someone who really cares.

Just wanted to point out that there are a lot of people who "really care" about the corps at The Cavaliers. The decisions that were made were because people really care. The problem was some of the people that really cared had different beliefs about the direction the corps was headed. These differences in beliefs were the center of the changes that were made.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who's on the brass staff now? I thought I noticed when staff announcements were made that Donnie and the other weren't there anymore. That true?

So who's on the brass staff now? I thought I noticed when staff announcements were made that Donnie and the other weren't there anymore. That true?

Article on Cavaliers.org

I really thought the brassline last year was one of the best sounding in a while... surprised they thought they needed so much change in staffing there. I'll be cheering on the Green Team either way. Splooie!

I really thought the brassline last year was one of the best sounding in a while... surprised they thought they needed so much change in staffing there. I'll be cheering on the Green Team either way. Splooie!

Well they also got 5th in Brass.

and in Music GE... which they might have related to brass

Edited by TheClutch

I liked Cavies 2009, and found it kind of funny that instead of comparing the Cavaliers to other corps from the current year, people only compared them to their older shows.

think there will be a large return?

Oh definitely. In fact, if all our colorguard vets came back, we could have an all-vet CG.

It feels like we had a lot of age-outs this year. Mostly in the percussion.

And we all will miss Bruno. He bent over backwards for the good of us.

In a world where they have been one of the standards of stability, some staff turmoil and changes cause people to wonder what will happen. Be interesting to see what comes of the changes and the decisions made. Interested to see the Cavies move in what SOUNDS Like a little more "crowd friendly" direction. We'll see. Good luck to them all this summer. I'm sure they will still be one of the elite performing groups of the summer

I liked Cavies 2009, and found it kind of funny that instead of comparing the Cavaliers to other corps from the current year, people only compared them to their older shows.

A wise man once said, "This activity is a defensive activity. You cannot affect the other 'teams' performance, and you will only be judged on what YOU have previously done. The standard is moving backwards."

Oh definitely. In fact, if all our colorguard vets came back, we could have an all-vet CG.

It feels like we had a lot of age-outs this year. Mostly in the percussion.

And we all will miss Bruno. He bent over backwards for the good of us.

That would be amazing!