Cavies 2010

I've listened to the "source music" for their show this year and it sounds pretty great to me. I think the unannounced portion of their show will surprise a few and underwhelm others as usual.

It just depends on how the music and show is arranged.

I'm pretty hopeful that things will be great for them this year despite what some think on here. We'll see.

You are right about the unannounced portion for sure.

I honestly think that they are going to be a huge surprise this summer. Not so much competitively (although that may be too), but the show itself.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right about the unannounced portion for sure.

I honestly think that they are going to be a huge surprise this summer. Not so much competitively (although that may be too), but the show itself.

Kewl! I'm glad they're not getting too much hype on DCP so far as well!

I wish they'd announce the pieces now though. I really think people are going to like them. Oh well, at least I've been able to listen to the source music and see how it all might go together. :smile:

I liked The Great Divide as much as several of their other shows from the 2000s.

I'm hoping the Cavies come out this year with a show that is less sterile than most of the 2000s shows. They have deserved every one of their championships, and I can always appreciate what they do on the field, but have had a hard time connecting emotionally to most of their shows since 2000.

I hope that changes this year. And no matter what, I look forward to seeing their show.

yeah I will agree here 100%. after 2001, it was very hit or miss

I am looking forward to this show (especially musically). It should be a nice change. :smile:

I don't know about anybody else, but I loved 2008 Samurai.

Same here, besides their 03-05 shows this was my favorite of the decade. 06 was just eh, 02 was good but almost as overrated as phantom 08, 07 was alright, 09 kinda disappointed me.

Just my opinion, I'm still really looking forward to their show this year.

I was told the brass will be spinning riffles. Can anyone confirm this? That would be pretty cool to see.

Well that wouldn't be too hard to do....a little repetition every day helps.

Anyway, no I haven't heard any confirmation. It would be really awesome to see otherwise!

Anytime I hear "Mad World" I automatically think of Gears of War now... amazing how a little marketing can even overshadow a movie as good as Donnie Darko. :smile:

I don't know about anybody else, but I loved 2008 Samurai.

Seconded!

Well, it hasn't been a very continuous streak anyways. I probably should have said their streak of great performances. Every show they've done in recent years has been awesome, except for "The Great Divide."

I doubt the Cavies have had a poor performance in public... ever. :smile: