Blue Stars 2010

What's wrong with playing lots of whole notes when you have that drum book behind it? Didn't the Cadets have a really long drum feature in 2006 where the hornline didn't play? You don't need your horn book to be crazy all the time for it to be effective.

I agree with everyone else in that the season will be the real determining factor, not audio clips in March, and anyone who thinks the Cadets sounding like that is a function of their actual sound and not the clip is fooling themselves. Let's not get ahead of ourselves just because we want drum corps to be here already. thumbup.gif

Right, just pointing out that what they're playing is vastly different, so we shouldn't be to blindly positive or negative about either clip.

Comparing to Cadets clip...lots of whole notes...ragged when anything fast comes up...just saying

Okay, well that may be true but maybe that's just the style the Blue Stars chose to be as effective as possible. If blue stars tried to mimic what the cadets are good at then they probably wouldn't be as effective. The two corps obviously have two very different ideas of what is most effective for them and have different ways of achieving that effectiveness. It really doesn't matter if blue stars have more whole notes, clearly, because at least to me it seems to be just as effective as a complicated Cadets book.

My we are one big dysfunctional family lol! Going to be a good year for drum corps all around I think. Lots of corps to be excited about this season, I'm just glad I got my tickets to the Minneapolis gig already! Going to be an awesome (open air) preview of the whole shebang just a few weeks before finals.

My we are one big dysfunctional family lol! Going to be a good year for drum corps all around I think. Lots of corps to be excited about this season, I'm just glad I got my tickets to the Minneapolis gig already! Going to be an awesome (open air) preview of the whole shebang just a few weeks before finals.

Hey Boz. Are you coming to the La Crosse show in the new stadium the day before that, June 16?

Blue Stars, Carolina Crown, Bluecoats, Scouts, Troopers, Teal Sound, plus 4 others. It's gonna be great.

http://rivercityrhapsody.com/

---tom

Blue Stars are the new Crown as well as the new Cadets (Aungst and Larrivee)

Crown was the new Star

Star was the new Cadets...

Blue Stars are the new old Cadets and new not quite as old Cadets?

:tongue:

Edited by drumcorpsfan4567

Blue Stars is the new Crown.

No, we are not. We have been around since the 60's, crown has been around since the 90's.

We have our own traditions we uphold and as far as I'm concerned our show designs are nowhere similar

• Like 1