Vanguard's floor

combia1

i thought the only rule... was about the size of the dimensions that had to be provided by wgi. which is 60 x 90, at any space that is wgi sanctioned at least that amount of space must be provided... meaning use larger tarps at your own risk.

:)

No, a few years ago Tarp size was addressed because the size was getting out of control. I love SCV BUT does seem like it went from end to end of the arena floor not WGI floor guidelines.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVED SCV's floor. I thought it was genius and how they used it was just on another level entirely.

on another note, am I the only one that wished Pride would have used a floor?

I loved it too BUT was it legal? Also I loved Pride so much but whay happened to the rule on front side lines. I know sides and back are ok but front they walked into the stands. I know it was before the actual show started but I thought you coudnt do that. Oh Well great anyway...lol

on another note, am I the only one that wished Pride would have used a floor?

NO WAY!

If Pride had used a tarp, that would have basically killed their preshow, which is part of the mood they set.

Also, not using a tarp was part of the hippie aesthetic of their show. Taking away the focus of having to drag a tarp out meant more time was spent sharing their peace, love, and happiness with the audience, and made for a much better performance, in my opinion.

i love the way free thinking designers have changed the performance stage an released us from the shackles of the basic rectanglular stage.the activity should encourage and reward not limit and penalize those attempting to explore new shapes,space and contours.

Edited by dugg

i love the way free thinking designers have changed the performance stage an released us from the shackles of the basic rectanglular stage.the activity should encourage and reward not limit and penalize those attempting to explore new shapes,space and contours.

I totally agree BUT that still doesnt answer the question. There is going to be some real dissapointed kids and young designers wanting to do this and they wont get away with it IF it isnt legal. SO WGI...what is it?

I totally agree BUT that still doesnt answer the question. There is going to be some real dissapointed kids and young designers wanting to do this and they wont get away with it IF it isnt legal. SO WGI...what is it?

I agree , but do you really think anyone from WGI will stand up and make a comment or clear this up especially if the floor size was in violation?,,,LMAO

i'm sure the subject will be a point of interest and mentioned by a few disgruntled directors at the next wgi "meeting of the minds" as well as prides unorthodox tearing down the fourth wall by crossing the front sidelines and enteracting with the audience. :laughing:

Edited by dugg

Thats true, someone will bring it up BUT because this is a top 3 WGI World Guard will it get pushed under ther WGI rug like most things they don't want to address?...HMMMMMMMMMMMMM Don't get me wrong I think it's cool the floor was used but whats the rule as others have asked. Will it be allowed by Bo-hunk HS winter guard?