The Ultimate Fan Network

As April zips along, it gets closer to the point where we are asked by DCI to renew our Fan Network subscriptions (most of ours end on Apr. 30). It seems each year that DCI adds more and more to the Fan Network.

Below is my wish list for an ultimate fan network - I know most of it is not possible to due to copyright difficulties, etc., but hey, its fun to think about.

So here is my wish list....

1. Access to the audio and ability to download ALL of the DCI corps that placed 13th through 20whatever from each year, including the 70's, 80's, 90's and parts of 2000's. Right now, most years are top 12 only.

2. Access to the video of the above as well, including the high camera prelim sets from the late 70's to 1987, as well as the Video Express years of 1988 - 1994 where they had multicamera and high camera of every corps performance from championship week! Also 1995 to present, the videos of Quarters, Semis, and Finals of every corps performance (remember all those individual videos DCI used to sell!) :)

3. Access to and a merger with Drum Corps World and Ken Mason to get downloads of The Beat Goes On series on to the Fan Network!

4. Access to and ability to download the Ken Kobold collection, including all those performances he recorded outside of DCI finals (again, Ken Mason) Yay Ken!

5. Access to past Div. 2/3, A, A-60 corps performances (video, audio, anything DCI has

Again, all of this is probably a pipe dream, but its fun to speculate.

Anyone have any other wishes for the Fan Network???

leed17

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge agreement for 1 and 5

I would be happy if they had the high camera angle option (along with the current style they have) Also it would be nice if there was info on the show next to the video as well. Maybe a list of corps and placements for that year, what music the selected corps played, show title.... there is a huge blank space to the right of the video, fill it with useful information!

1, World and Open Class Finals.

If we cant do Top 12 for some reason, then Top 6 or 7, (as it was on PBS back in the day).

2. More "offseason" selction. Maybe release a "from the vaults" or historical video, once a month, from September-May . This, so we can have some new stuff during down time. I am thinking this to be like the Blue Devils 1991 tour video, (which I loved) last year.

3. Field Pass, on location at Winter Camps. I realize I am asking for a lot there, and perhaps the corps might be more content to release video/audio themselves. But, I would find it more enjoyable as a whole, for Dan to make an appearance, and do some December-April interviews. Make Audio for free on the website, as the Field pass is now. Video, if applicable, would be on the FN.

4. A vignettes feature. The "side stories/vignettes" per year, as represented in the DCI telecast on PBS. Ie; Wayne Downey explaining the Blue Devils 1993 priogram, in vignette on the 1993 telecast. Also, the I&E segments that were part of 1990 and 1991 telecats. 1994 had one about Star. Good stuff, which I think is often left out in explaining some key elements from a given year.

4. A vignettes feature. The "side stories/vignettes" per year, as represented in the DCI telecast on PBS. Ie; Wayne Downey explaining the Blue Devils 1993 priogram, in vignette on the 1993 telecast. Also, the I&E segments that were part of 1990 and 1991 telecats. 1994 had one about Star. Good stuff, which I think is often left out in explaining some key elements from a given year.

Not sure about the I&E segments, but the vignettes are on the Fan Network, under "Off the Field"- listed as "Legacy Vignettes"

Huge agreement for 1 and 5

I'll gladly jump on that bandwagon. I'd love to legally watch some of the best shows to never make finals...

...such as '02 Madison.