Cavaliers 2009

So I just noticed after all this time that there is a member standing in the back corner of the field the entire show. He moves to play 2 notes (not sure what exactly he is playing) and then moves back and that is it. So just wondering what he was there for? Why not just have a member who is marching the show do it, or just make it come from the amp?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he was an injured member who ran the met and played the shofar so that he was still part of the show.

As for why they chose the shofar, I think it was to tie in the whole mountain climbing culture of the east. So the Himalayas, Sherpas, etc. I could be wrong, but I think that's the effect they were going for.

I believe he was an injured member who ran the met and played the shofar so that he was still part of the show.

As for why they chose the shofar, I think it was to tie in the whole mountain climbing culture of the east. So the Himalayas, Sherpas, etc. I could be wrong, but I think that's the effect they were going for.

I don't think he was injured, he was running all of rehearsal for the rehearsal I sat in on when they weren't rehearsing the part with the shofar. I could be wrong but I'm almost positive that was him.

Maybe they were trying for a Mr. Moto thing? ;)

He was just an alternate they offered to have the solo. It must have made his summer, from alternate to famed, legendary DCI soloist. Pretty good gig if you ask me! But then again, it IS the cavies, don't know who'd stay all summer running met for them.

All this time, I thought their show was about the Continental Divide, which, last time I checked, was in North America. :tongue:

P.S. If he was an alternate, did they have 151 members on the field?

Edited by CasualFan

All this time, I thought their show was about the Continental Divide, which, last time I checked, was in North America. :tongue:

P.S. If he was an alternate, did they have 151 members on the field?

Atmosphere. Mountains. Non literal interpretation.

Is it really that hard to grasp?

Perhaps it's because they thought it sounded cool.

Could you even hear the thing? I don't recall seeing him at all, and I surely don't remember a shofar sound coming from the field.

Maybe I wasn't listening...

151 on the field or march one 149 "regulars"? This is a good question that deserves a good conspiracy theory. :tongue: