Cavaliers 2009

All this time, I thought their show was about the Continental Divide, which, last time I checked, was in North America. :tongue:

There are other Continental Divides in the world. It is not exclusive to North America.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you even hear the thing? I don't recall seeing him at all, and I surely don't remember a shofar sound coming from the field.

Maybe I wasn't listening...

151 on the field or march one 149 "regulars"? This is a good question that deserves a good conspiracy theory. :tongue:

Corps don't always write drill for 150 people. Usually it's like 130 or so to count in the pit and drum majors.

There are other Continental Divides in the world. It is not exclusive to North America.

You are correct; however, the North American Continental Divide is also called The Great Divide, which, I believe, was the name of their show. :smile::tongue::blush: :blush: :tongue:

Hopefully I've used enough smilies this time. :blush:

You are correct; however, the North American Continental Divide is also called The Great Divide, which, I believe, was the name of their show. :smile::tongue::blush: :blush: :tongue:

Hopefully I've used enough smilies this time. :blush:

as you will find this term used for other divides outside North America as well...*shrug* :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Could you even hear the thing? I don't recall seeing him at all, and I surely don't remember a shofar sound coming from the field.

Maybe I wasn't listening...

151 on the field or march one 149 "regulars"? This is a good question that deserves a good conspiracy theory. :thumbup:

you should check out our 1988 corps - from the picture I got after the season I'm pretty sure we actually had 130 on the field. There's 132 in uniform in the pic, and I'm pretty sure only 2 of them were alternates who weren't on the field, and the other two were equipment people who were on the field.

Corps don't always write drill for 150 people. Usually it's like 130 or so to count in the pit and drum majors.

DCI World Class pits usually have, on average, about 12 members, plus 2-3 DMs, for a total of 14-15. Not 20. So where are the other 5-6 members? :thumbup::smile:

You are correct; however, the North American Continental Divide is also called The Great Divide, which, I believe, was the name of their show. :smile::rock: :rock: :smile::thumbup:

Hopefully I've used enough smilies this time. :smile:

there are actually 4 continental divides in North America...

• 4 months later...
there are actually 4 continental divides in North America...

I practically live atop one of them. There's a divide that separates the water running into Lake Michigan and the rest of the Great Lakes from the water running into the Kankakee River and eventually the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico. Next to the south end of Lake Michigan in Indiana, it's only a few miles from the lake.

Who needs Wikipedia when we've got DCP for our educational enlighenment?