Best Tennis Shoes for Drum Corps

Okay, who remembers Red Ball Jets, and P F Flyers? :blink:

New Balance! I marched my age out season in them (they were already worn well at the beginning of the season) and I still had wear in them after the summer.

I won't buy anything but New Balance now.

Okay, who remembers Red Ball Jets, and P F Flyers? :blink:

How "bout (yes I'm old) Red Goose ? Half the fun of having feet is Red Goose Shoes ($1 dollar to Red Goose) lol

Edited by Perry S

Red Chuck Taylor All-Star high tops.

Yeah, right. Come on. Chuck Taylors would NEVER work for drum corps.

I would definitely suggest Asics they are just great! It is definitely worth it to spend a little extra on some that supports a vital role in your marching.

I would also recommend you going going to a sport's store such as Sport Chalet. Sports Athourity, etc. and asking for the warranty on shoes. Before your warranty is up and when you are in need of new shoes then you could "accidentally" rip your shoes and they will give you a check for a new pair of shoes!This will definitely save you money in the long run and on something that you need. :ph34r:

Honestly, find a pair of walking or cross-trainers that you feel comfortable wearing. New Balance is a great brand, to look at, and if you can find one with a mesh and leather upper (a la the 991/992s) you can't go wrong with them.

Make sure that you have support in your arches (collapsed arches are painful), and that you aren't jammed at end of the shoe with your toes.

Runner's are alright, but they are meant to absorb impact at the heel, not at the ball of the foot (as if you were jazz running or leading with the toe). Try to have a couple pairs as one will likely "throw a tire" in the middle of the season (for as much as you rehearse, run, etc.) This also allows you to have a dry pair on those rainy days.

The ones that fit. If you buy the first pair you try on without trying any others, you are taking a big risk.

Also, buy some orthotic inserts. Don't waste your money on those gel things. A lot of people think they need "cushion" when what they really need is support.