Big Sounds in Motion 2010

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm. Food...

Yes, it's been said that in Berks County potato filling is a vegetable and gravy is a beverage, and that funnel cake is a food group...but in the spirit of the fact that HOME SHOW WEEKEND is here, I'll try gracefully (if not pointlessly) to return the thread to its intended purpose:

We welcome Shenandoah Sound, Carolina Gold, Grenadiers, Fusion Core, Empire Statesmen and the Buccaneer Alumni to Big Sounds in Motion! Of course, we also welcome the Balance in Blue to its home port and wish all performers a great day and a fantastic show! Welcome drum corps fans, and thank you for supporting this great event!

See you at Albright Saturday night!

MMX

Edited by TomMoore

Mmmm. Food...

Yes, it's been said that in Berks County potoato filling is a vegetable and gravy is a beverage, and that funnel cake is a food group...but in the spirit of the fact that HOME SHOW WEEKEND is here, I'll try gracefully (if not pointlessly) to return the thread to its intended purpose:

We welcome Shenandoah Sound, Carolina Gold, Grenadiers, Fusion Core, Empire Statesmen and the Buccaneer Alumni to Big Sounds in Motion! Of course, we also welcome the Balance in Blue to its home port and wish all performers a great day and a fantastic show! Welcome drum corps fans, and thank you for supporting this great event!

See you at Albright Saturday night!

MMX

Good point, Tom. Hardly pointless. LOL.

Terrific lineup.... we are looking forward to the show!

i'm hyped to visit the Wawa by the stadium. I always run into someone I know there

Mr. Ware.......Scrapplefest was another epicurean success. We all had good fellowship and enjoyed the company, as always. However, due to the large (and unusual) crowd at the restaurant, we were forsed to sit at different tables without benefit of putting them together. Our table were all folks who appreciated the delicate textures and nuances of the food which contains pigs naughty parts and I asked for a think slab with hair still in it. We adopted our waitress.....yes, not abducted......and left sorrowfully with expectations of a repeat next year..........

So, any feedback or reviews on Scrapplefest?

Jerry

I'm overweight but "fattest" guy in DCA.... seriously. There's a lot more out there than me. lol

LOL - I was talking about myself!

Mr. Ware.......Scrapplefest was another epicurean success. We all had good fellowship and enjoyed the company, as always. However, due to the large (and unusual) crowd at the restaurant, we were forsed to sit at different tables without benefit of putting them together. Our table were all folks who appreciated the delicate textures and nuances of the food which contains pigs naughty parts and I asked for a think slab with hair still in it. We adopted our waitress.....yes, not abducted......and left sorrowfully with expectations of a repeat next year..........

And here I thought no one would post a review because they had Scrapple Fatigue Syndrome or would be afraid of touching a nerve.

:tongue:

Actually, Jim, you did touch a nerve...the one on my gag reflex. It's an acquired taste, that's for sure. I'll need to live to 130 to get it, but there's hope!

Next year's Scrapplefest will be sponsored by a local cardiologist practice group and door prizes will include nitrates and angiolplasty.

All kidding aside, glad to read that this unique tradition continues and that you all enjoyed each other's company - and made a new friend!

MMX

Edited by TomMoore

OK.... dumb question here... I haven't been to this show in a while:

Does the sun set facing the main stands, or does it set behind the stands?

Need to know if I need to throw some sunscreen into the travel bag.

Fran:

WE DON'T KNOW! We haven't seen the sun in several years at Big Sounds.

I believe that's going to change this year thanks to AMY and her worthy crew.

If my compass is correct, I believe the answer to your question might be neither. Although I don't live in Reading, when you're sitting concert side, your back would be facing north? I don't live in Reading, so help me out here residents......

I'd say bring sunscreen regardless.

Safe Travels Fran!

Dave Faust