Cadets Officially Announce ToySouldier

Think I'll only get to see it live once or twice before finals since they seem to be making their way out west earlier than normal.

Pushing Indy back a week and adding the Minneapolis show definitely stuffed up the "norm"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can envision this show as being extremely entertaining, I have to say that, for me, I don't need a theme or a story line in order for a drum corps show to be superb.

Good music. Good marching. Nothing more. Nothing less.

While I can envision this show as being extremely entertaining, I have to say that, for me, I don't need a theme or a story line in order for a drum corps show to be superb.

Good music. Good marching. Nothing more. Nothing less.

True, but the theme could add to it, if they do it right.

tekk- I think it's a matter of personal choice. Let's say, for example that SCV does a show that's all classical music......but no theme to speak of, other than that. Then PR does a show that is all classical also.....let's say Handel's Messiah, for example. Only one one-hundredth of a point seperates these two corps in finals. Which corps is better? Was it SCV with no theme.....or PR with a theme?

It was the corps you liked the best... :tongue:

Very much looking forward to seeing this and applauding loudly and throwing babies and buying souvies and enjoying drum corps!

You should have no problem finding a seat and I wouldn't count on lines at their stand, so guess you'll be good. Hope they enjoy performing for a diminished crowd.

.....just another quick thought.

Another tasty morsel that would have fit VERY WELL into this show, is the main theme from "Babes in Toyland". (the name of the artist escapes me at the moment)

Way to keep this thread upbeat and positive!

He's angry and bitter. Just let him be angry and bitter.

tekk- I think it's a matter of personal choice. Let's say, for example that SCV does a show that's all classical music......but no theme to speak of, other than that. Then PR does a show that is all classical also.....let's say Handel's Messiah, for example. Only one one-hundredth of a point seperates these two corps in finals. Which corps is better? Was it SCV with no theme.....or PR with a theme?

It was the corps you liked the best... :tongue:

I definitely agree with most of the points you made. IMO though, I think a theme allows the guard to get more involved in the show and convey the emotions as opposed to just spinning and tossing. That's just my opinion though lol...