The OFFICIAL Phantom Regiment Thread

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . .as the show concept was thematically threadbare, and the music book somewhat repetitive. That much was evident in June, and was why a lot was rewritten along the way.

That said, I can see why they might want to keep a lower profile this year.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what this year holds. :thumbup:

about time to throw us a bone though...

Dress rehearsal will be tomorrow night at Stillman Valley HS at 8:30 with two run-throughs. Hopefully a lot of questions will be answered tomorrow night. If anyone goes, please feel free to share your thoughts!

Edited by chaos001

UPDATE: dress rehearsal postponed. Due to the conditions of the main field at Stillman Valley, we unfortunately have to postpone the show tonight. We will try it again on Tuesday at 8pm (note earlier time) weather permitting.

This may have already been answered on another thread, but does anyone know the numbers for the sections? Looking at concert in the park pictures, I see only 8 contras: is this the total, or a smaller section for that particular occasion for some reason? Sure is weird to see after getting used to the big contra lines last year...

They have 11 in some other Spring Training pics. Someone on their FB page said that there are going be 12. I think a few were just getting to ST because of school.

16 was way too many.

I sort of agree. Do you think it was motivated simply by the fact that other corps were doing it, or for visual reasons?

I sort of agree. Do you think it was motivated simply by the fact that other corps were doing it, or for visual reasons?

To use 16? I dunno...maybe some peer pressure, maybe that's just the way JD wanted to write the score.

For going back to 12...it definitely cleans up the visual. plus it's hard to find high quality tuba players who can march. the more you have it seems as if you'd be running the risk of diluting the quality.