The OFFICIAL Phantom Regiment Thread

An interpretive thought provoking show that centers on the beauty and simplicity that music can convey. With the Phantom Regiments hornline as spirit beings.

:smile:

Honestly, I though this show was a BOA rehash, but now I've a very strong feeling that all my assumptions were off. Looking forward to see this orange clad soloist!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I though this show was a BOA rehash, but now I've a very strong feeling that all my assumptions were off.

Well, I suppose . . .however, this is on the Facebook page in the comments:

AMAZING! I Love this show completely.I played this music my freshman year in high school marching band when j.d. shaw arranged our show.

That tends to worry me a little.

It will be interesting to compare
and Phantom that's for sure :)

Yeah, that's primarily where it stems from . . .this all feels very "safe" for Regiment since the groundwork was already laid. It's kind of a weird feeling to have about Phantom, to be honest.

Dress rehearsal has been rescheduled again. Dress Rehearsal is now on Thursday 6/17 at 8pm. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please realize our priority is making sure we take care of the grass at the high school stadium. We are lucky to have the relationship with Stillman Valley H.S. and we want to make sure we take care of all of the facilities including the field.

For those of you looking for a quick look, 4 1/2 minutes is the first sketch followed closely by a sketch of the silks. 5 1/2 minutes is the sketch of the guard uniforms and just before 6 minutes is the sketch of the corps uniform.

Yeah, that's primarily where it stems from . . .this all feels very "safe" for Regiment since the groundwork was already laid.

For what it's worth, I think Phantom has a history of this.

2008 -- I would hope they would win, doing a show for the third time...

2009 -- "The Red Violin" has been performed by many other marching units, including a smaller high school in Indiana (Gibson Southern) that was taught by Dwight Emmert, Phantom's Visual Caption Head.

There are plenty more examples, but I don't want to anger anyone!