Remember when...

Really? Guard books are complete and done and they have their complete uniform in already? Because I certainly haven't seen that in YEARS at the first show, not even speaking of Memorial Day weekend....

Is that what I said?

I don't think I said anything about the guards book being done and I KNOW I didn't say anything about any uniforms.

I just said most corps I know have the whole show on the field as of now.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what I said?

I don't think I said anything about the guards book being done and I KNOW I didn't say anything about any uniforms.

Well that kind of is part of the whole show, but I see your point

I suspect that NONE of the DCA corps have their WHOLE show on the field. But it would be nice.

Is that what I said?

THIS

Most corps I know have their entire show on the field
is what you said.

So, what part of the word ENTIRE do you not understand??? What represents an entire show to you? To me it's a finished product. Not to say that things won't be tweaked along the way, but entire means the whole schebang from start to finish. Pre-show, horn pops, visuals, and guard and YES guard uniforms. Watching all those guards out there at the first couple of shows of the season in varieties of all black gives me so little to work with visually. I've said it on here so many times that that is something that really should be addressed and I give HUGE props to those that do come out prepared and in uniform. But I will point out that again you said whole show....so please explain what it is you think the words entire and whole mean when it comes to a drum corps show.

I suspect that NONE of the DCA corps have their WHOLE show on the field. But it would be nice.

Thanks Ed. You get it.

THIS is what you said.

So, what part of the word ENTIRE do you not understand??? What represents an entire show to you? To me it's a finished product. Not to say that things won't be tweaked along the way, but entire means the whole schebang from start to finish. Pre-show, horn pops, visuals, and guard and YES guard uniforms. Watching all those guards out there at the first couple of shows of the season in varieties of all black gives me so little to work with visually. I've said it on here so many times that that is something that really should be addressed and I give HUGE props to those that do come out prepared and in uniform. But I will point out that again you said whole show....so please explain what it is you think the words entire and whole mean when it comes to a drum corps show.

Thanks Ed. You get it.

#### Liz,

I believe you just skewered a fellow DCPer!

Gotta get you to a show sometime soon!!!

:cool: So we can hang out and be critical of what's on the field like we were at B'port Part Dos last year? :cool:

Don't know which was the better part of that night? Our performance or that brief time with you . . . To be honest that time stands out more than what we did on the field. :cool:

:cool: So we can hang out and be critical of what's on the field like we were at B'port Part Dos last year? :cool:

Don't know which was the better part of that night? Our performance or that brief time with you . . . To be honest that time stands out more than what we did on the field. :cool:

Just don't use any specifics - if I remember correctly some of my comments might #### off some of our brothers to the far north?

As far as when the seasons start - I've always thought it was like clutter in a closet - if you have a small closet you come up with just enough clutter to make it a mess - if you have a massive walk in closet, you get more clutter (you OCD folks don't know what I mean but take my word for it - we call it the "Lamont Clutter Principle" after my wife Carrie (Lamont).

I've always thought that if you gave a staff until may 1st to have a corps ready they'd have them ready by May 5th. Conversely, if you gave them until July 17th, the corps would be ready on July 23rd, etc. etc. etc

I don't mean staffs are bad or neglegent - throughout most of my life I've been a member of 20+ staffs. But I think we're like college students, always cramming during the last 2 weeks to get it done

And I'll bet certain corps, e.g. Reading the past few years, Blue Devils, and others, don't have that issue.

You need an OCD staff coordinator to be ready on time I think.

Edited by rayfallon

Just don't use any specifics - if I remember correctly some of my comments might #### off some of our brothers to the far north?

Hey i didn't say ANYTHING along those lines. Just that watching a show with you is like a judge's tape on overload.....Of course it's the comedy version....

:cool:

#### Liz,

I believe you just skewered a fellow DCPer!

that's ok ray. she was right. he said what he said.

Thanks! :cool: