Want to March

My name is Christian Cruz I was on the sponsorship board for Pioneer but that fell through because of reasons id rather not disclose. I am here because i am getting out of the Marine Corps due to medical reasons and would love to march drum corps. This is my last year of eligebility and have never done the activity. I know i have the talent (i am a musician in the Parris Island Marine Band) and plan on marching indoor this upcoming season. I don't know where to start or how to go about this because I have no contact information or know the holes Corps have. Any help would be appreciated. I am a percussionist by the way. Snare/bass/auxillary percussion/cymbals.

If this is in the wrong forum im sorry, just move it to the correct spot.

Thanks in advance.

Best shot is to look for a front ensemble opening.

Most likely not gonna find a battery spot open this late (maybe cymbals)

My name is Christian Cruz I was on the sponsorship board for Pioneer but that fell through because of reasons id rather not disclose. I am here because i am getting out of the Marine Corps due to medical reasons and would love to march drum corps. This is my last year of eligebility and have never done the activity. I know i have the talent (i am a musician in the Parris Island Marine Band) and plan on marching indoor this upcoming season. I don't know where to start or how to go about this because I have no contact information or know the holes Corps have. Any help would be appreciated. I am a percussionist by the way. Snare/bass/auxillary percussion/cymbals.

If this is in the wrong forum im sorry, just move it to the correct spot.

Thanks in advance.

Look HERE!

As far as World Class, last I knew of, Pioneer had a cymbal spot open, but it sounds like you'd rather not march there. Spirit also had a plates spot but I learned of that several days ago and it might have been filled. Give Spirit a call/e-mail and see what the situation is there. Also, look on the Open Class forums, some corps have battery spots that need to be filled soon. It may not be WC, but it is still a drum corps and you'll get as great an experience.

Thank you guys. yeah to me it doesnt matter about what class i just want to have the experience and not look back and say man i wish i would have marched even if just one year

Thank you guys. yeah to me it doesnt matter about what class i just want to have the experience and not look back and say man i wish i would have marched even if just one year

I beleive that Spirit still has a plate spot.

if worst comes to worst and you can't find a spot this year (and i hope you will) there are great DCA corps for later years. DCA is very underrated