Come see the Cavaliers

Like Banished Beyond, their center snare?

in that drill, i'm not sure anyone is "center" for long

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i too enjoyed their pit book - there's a part where they're rotating in their right hand and doing deadstrokes in their left hand playing the Smile melody that is going to be KILLER when it's clean.

some great body movement going on in the drum feature when they're at the front of the field. a lot of stuff you'd see in a break on a floor in WGI.

the rifle feature with the hornline & guard is going to be a key moment in DCI this season. it'll be one of those moments everyone references throughout the year.

i agree with Jeff in that this could be my favorite Cavies show since Machine.

i too enjoyed their pit book - there's a part where they're rotating in their right hand and doing deadstrokes in their left hand playing the Smile melody that is going to be KILLER when it's clean.

some great body movement going on in the drum feature when they're at the front of the field. a lot of stuff you'd see in a break on a floor in WGI.

the rifle feature with the hornline & guard is going to be a key moment in DCI this season. it'll be one of those moments everyone references throughout the year.

i agree with Jeff in that this could be my favorite Cavies show since Machine.

I really hate that WGI body movement crap all the drumlines are forced to do these days. Leave the prancing to the guard! :tongue:

understood - although in this type of movement, I don't really see it as prancing. there's a lot of control needed to be able to twist their upper bodies with their drums, while maintaining the feet movement in sync as well. It's kind of crazy to watch being programmed (as i've seen it done with previous programs I've taught).

They were rehearsing changes all day yesterday. Mainly in part "3" which is the rifle section. There are some real screamers in the trumpet line. Also, Part 4 with "Charlie Chaplin" from the guard is really good. More comments after tonight.

thanks for reminding me about the screamers...some solo work and upper range stuff not normally heard from the Green

I really hate that WGI body movement crap all the drumlines are forced to do these days. Leave the prancing to the guard! :ph34r:

i wouldnt call what they are doing prancing, and honestly, their take on it is different from the usual "rotate, , stomp with the accent, upper body twist" you see.

in fact one movement seemed to me to be reminiscent of a Banished Beyond video mocking a certain blue team from a few years ago :tongue:

thanks for reminding me about the screamers...some solo work and upper range stuff not normally heard from the Green

Exactly what I think the Green Team needs this year....something different. I've enjoyed their shows the past few years, but it has been a bit on the stale side IMO. I'm hoping they come out with something that makes us say...'Wow! Is this the Cavies???'