Sunrisers 2010 Announcement

Jane, you ignorant slut.

To be accurate, "what happened in 2007" was most certainly NOT a case of members from the previous year returning to fill the unfilled ranks in the following year. The veterans that stepped in during the 2007 season to fill remaining blanks - every one of them brass players - had retired a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. They heard the names Guillen and Williams and knew there was hope for a renewed Sunrisers. They were what I always refer to as "warriors". And they complemented perfectly a nucleus of hard-working holdovers from 2006 who had the character and dedication necessary to not only make the commitment, but also to endure a very difficult season in which each and every one of them grew ultimately into a champion.

P.S. In the future I recommend that any questions intended for the Competing Corps regarding how they're doing be directed to the Competing Corps and not posted on the Alumni site. It's an apples-n-oranges kind of thing.

We return you now to our regularly scheduled broadcast......

Unlike your brother, you're beautiful when you're angry... I gotta be quiet now - Larry's getting ###### off too.

When's the last time I had all of Sun's classic snare line ###### off at me at once?

Seems like years...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. I dont know what the solutution is. DCA had a a major boost in the early to mid 2000's during the Brigs reign when a lot of seasoned vets seemed to come out of the woodwork and march and compete again. Now those guys and gals are probably "retired" for good and we have a much younger looking DCA on the field. Plus the brutal ecomony...even marching on weekends is not a cheap hobby for working people, and forget it if you are one of the 1 in 10 that doesn't have a job. Hopefully this is just one of those cyclical periods that will eventually straighten out. You are right even the big guns like Hurcs and Bucs had these periods and they came back strong!

DCA goes in cycles, and this one too shall pass

I don't think that DCA has been a negative factor in the decline of any of these corps. I do, though, have one question and I know that there are many answers but why has DCA not had the appeal for age-outs after DCI (including Open Class).

You can expend a whole bunch of energy proving that statement wrong and telling me all the things you assume I don't know but the simple fact is that with the number of kids who run through all these corps there should be a larger percentage sticking around, a la Renegades or Bushwackers of old.

There was a time when most Senior Corps players came from junior corps. I'm not seeing it now.

Oh by the way, I realize that I referred to one of my opinions as a simple fact. Oh well.

well Ray...there aren't as many junior corps as there used to be. BITD, you spit in any direction in Bridgeport and hit a corps. Same in North Jersey or upstate NY.

now ther's what...60 nationwide?