DCI Championships...not so much this year

I am new to this forum, but, LOOOOOOOONG time follower of DCI. So, I notice that DCI Southwest Championship is not in Alamodome this year ....and... not all corps are coming, including our own Crossmen. What is up with this year's version of DCI. Are we nearing the end of what we know as DCI?

I am new to this forum, but, LOOOOOOOONG time follower of DCI. So, I notice that DCI Southwest Championship is not in Alamodome this year ....and... not all corps are coming, including our own Crossmen. What is up with this year's version of DCI. Are we nearing the end of what we know as DCI?

Incorrect. Because of the Alamodome screwup DCI San Antonio has become a two day show. It will take place on Saturday, 24 July, and the Following Sunday.

Saturday:

The Academy - Tempe, AZ

Blue Devils - Concord, CA

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

Cascades - Seattle, WA

Glassmen - Toledo, OH

Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA

Troopers - Casper, WY

Sunday:

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Colts - Dubuque, IA

Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

Genesis - Edinburg, TX

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

Revolution - San Antonio, TX

Spirit - Atlanta, GA

Teal Sound - Jacksonville,

Edited by SFZFAN

Thanks for that. I didn't bother to click on the next day on dci.org. Funny though, the ticket prices didn't really drop. So, I'm supposed to put out $90 if I want good seats for both days. I don't think so. I know it's DCI, but, it ain't the Spurs, Cowboys or Yankees. Guess I'll be catching them next year..hopefully.

Any word on any TV deals in the future?

You won't pay $90.00 for those two days of drum corps? :shutup: It is a pittance compared to the hours of entertainment you're getting. Heck, I can blow a $150 on a night out and all I get for it is a hangover!

I've paid about that much for good seats at a small local show.

I'd definitely pay that much for drum corps before I'd pay that much to go to a ball game...and I'm a huge sports fan.

If nothing else, just buy tickets for one of the days and enjoy a lot of great drum corps for a pretty small price.

:blink::devil::music: Im sure it will happen any day now! :tongue:

Is this post about the Big12 or DCI? :shutup:

$90 for front and center seats for two days - basically probably 10 hours of entertainment - sounds awesome to me.

You're right, it ain't the Spurs, Cowboys, or Yankees, where you're going to get a 3 hour ballgame and not much else.

I'd suggest maybe um... stop complaining and think about it in the correct light besides just "it ain't the Spurs Cowboys or Yankees." It's a whole lot better.

$90 for front and center seats for two days - basically probably 10 hours of entertainment - sounds awesome to me.

You're right, it ain't the Spurs, Cowboys, or Yankees, where you're going to get a 3 hour ballgame and not much else.

I'd suggest maybe um... stop complaining and think about it in the correct light besides just "it ain't the Spurs Cowboys or Yankees." It's a whole lot better.

He shoots.....he scores! :shutup:

Guys, guys -

Let's consider what DeepInTheHeartOf alludes to when he/she compares DCI to Spurs, Yankees, Cowboys. Unlike those three, no one goes into work the next morning and boasts "Guess where I was last night?" following a DCI event. Sad, but true.

The pricing doesn't match the perception. THAT'S what could be holding us back.