Absolute LOUDEST show of all time !

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loudest show I've heard live:

Madison 199xxxxxxx. Can't narrow it down to one year, but 1995 stands out.

Loudest moment I've heard live:

BD 1996. "BD, you may take the field for HOLY CRAP I CAN'T HEAR MY EARDRUMS RUPTURE."

The loudest moment that nobody will think of or even believe unless they were there or happen to be obsessive fans of the show like me:

Star 1993. Really. I know, I know. Most of the show was piano, or mp for the "big hits". The snares even played part of the show with ther fingernails. But check out the spot at about the 8 min mark. Spot-on in tune, rediculously loud, and the percussion and pit throw everything they can for about 10 seconds right before the final movement. Very, very cool.

The loudest show I was told about before I had attended my first drum corps show, or even heard a drum corps CD:

Spirit of Atlanta 1980. The legend was certainly still alive 10 years later when I was on my way to my first show.

..agree on the 93 "Star..." part, i know exactly what hit you are talking about !

G

..agree on the 93 "Star..." part, i know exactly what hit you are talking about !

G

Agreed. Most of the show was subdued.

But the hit you guys are talking about is the one where they had the open toms on the stands pointed up and they beat the hell out of them while the horn line was hammering. That was #### loud. Then they transition into the other sustained chord and I get goose bumps.

I was never a worshiper of that show like some and still not high on the angry music, etc. But that moment was wicked.

:satisfied:

Agreed. Most of the show was subdued.

But the hit you guys are talking about is the one where they had the open toms on the stands pointed up and they beat the hell out of them while the horn line was hammering. That was #### loud. Then they transition into the other sustained chord and I get goose bumps.

I was never a worshiper of that show like some and still not high on the angry music, etc. But that moment was wicked.

:satisfied:

:blink:

I will concur with that part of '93 Star as well...although when the drums cut off and it was just the horns - it wasn't as loud as I had heard Star before..

In fact, I'd been giving Jim Mason and Bill Cook some friendly abuse about taking the"governor" off the hornline - telling him, "C'mon man! I know there's at least 2 or 3 more F levels in that line..let 'em unload !! " I kinda understood the reasoning of the control, but both of those gentlemen knew I was poking fun..

My favorite part of that show was the release !! SOOOOO TIGHT!! :ph34r::blink:

Pat

Sorry guys, gotta go with 1980 Spirit..and I saw them just before the accident that took Jim Ott and put Lloyd Pesola in the hospital..and they were louder than anything I have ever heard..