Other trademarks of corps

What are the other trade marks of corps besides the typical "Cavaliers are known for their clean marching and the geometric drill." I ALWAYS hear stuff about Madisons' Breathing Blocks and other Breathing Exercises. Anything else like this with other corps? Like do Blue Devils do Caruso exercises in their sleep, and they recruit the 3rd trumpets to hold their horn for them while they sleep? Screaming Double G's for a 2 hour time period until the Drum Major wakes up and hurls a shoe at them????? I mean I don't know, and I'm kind of curious.

BK's step-offs.

I have never heard of Madison's running block...

is it different than everyone else's running block?

I don't really know, other than I had a few friends who did DCI, and they kept speaking of how hard "corps" (<---That was a Pun) they were, they marched open class, but they were always speaking of how everyone did running blocks, but that Madisons' running blocks were "balls to the wall" compared to other corps.

Cadets step off on the RIGHT foot

SCV- The bass line leaves the feather in their hat down, while the rest of the corps has the feather up. The bas line, along with the contras, have that star-thing with the V in the middle (is there a special name for it??) on their jacket is to the left or right, I can't remember which, while the rest of the corps has it in the middle. And lastly, the cymbal line doing the V at the end of the show... except for last year. (Does the cymbal line for SCVC do a V at the end of their show too? I've never seen them.)

Cadets- stepping off on the right foot instead of the left.

BAC- Conquest. Enough said. :smile:

Crossmen- The cymbal line doing an X at the end of the show. And Bones. Again, enough said. :smile:

BK- Don't their mellos use a different kind of mouthpiece then the rest of the hornline? I'm not a brass player, maybe some one with more knowledge about i can explain...

BD: Gettting on the bus after a show and....

oh wait i guess we're talking on the field lol