Is the DCI data reliable?

It should be little doubt to any regular readers of DCP that I'm a DCI honk and strongly oppose the G7 contentions and intentions.

That said, a thought crossed my mind today: Is it possible that the DCI info is inaccurate, or somehow misleading?

I'm a facts guy, so I'm mostly talking about the abbreviated financial numbers, and the research data provided by Vaticinate.

Considering that DCI is, for practical purposes, fighting for its life in the G7 discussion can we, should we, trust the data they provide?

Is it reasonable to presume that Steve Auditore is such a DCI honk that he'd risk his company and his reputation to honk "messaged" data for DCI's benefit?

Is there ANY reason why we should distrust what DCI has made public in this discussion?

I'm trying to be unbiased in my analysis. I'm not reflecting a natural tendency towards conspiracy.

Please discuss why we should, or should not, trust the DCI and, for that matter, the G7 data as being well researched, documented, transparent, and legitimate?

For example, could we see audited financial statements and hear actual audited (or reliable) attendance figures?

Edited by garfield

financial info is hard to fudge. polls however can be skewed however one wants them to.

however, I sense from DCI an openness, an all inclusive feeling from them I've not seen or felt ever

financial info is hard to fudge. polls however can be skewed however one wants them to.

however, I sense from DCI an openness, an all inclusive feeling from them I've not seen or felt ever

How can this poll be skewed, Jeff? Or it's results?

Or were you just talking generally?

Is there any way to eliminate the possibility of skewing this poll's results for a particular agenda?

It should be little doubt to any regular readers of DCP that I'm a DCI honk and strongly oppose the G7 contentions and intentions.

Considering that DCI is, for practical purposes, fighting for its life in the G7 discussion can we, should we, trust the data they provide?

Is it reasonable to presume that Steve Auditore is such a DCI honk that he'd risk his company and his reputation to honk "messaged" data for DCI's benefit?

Is there ANY reason why we should distrust what DCI has made public in this discussion?

Merriam Webster Definition

Fraud: intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right; an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

So if someone at DCI did that, someone at DCI would be going to go to jail. Therefore, I trust the DCI financial disclosure made public.

That said, a thought crossed my mind today: Is it possible that the DCI info is inaccurate, or somehow misleading?

I'm a facts guy, so I'm mostly talking about the abbreviated financial numbers, and the research data provided by Vaticinate.

Oh, good grief. How would DCI benefit from fabricating numbers when the fraud would be exposed the instant their 990 gets posted?

To what end? Bear in mind that his surveys have been going on for several years, long before this G7 thing.

Now, I will admit that I don't agree with the conclusions some jump to based on those survey answers, but I see no reason why the data itself would be misreported.

For example, could we see audited financial statements and hear actual audited (or reliable) attendance figures?

The DCI financial numbers were audited (their press release confirms). And since DCI has made no claims about 2009 attendance, there is nothing to call into question there.

How can this poll be skewed, Jeff? Or it's results?

Or were you just talking generally?

Is there any way to eliminate the possibility of skewing this poll's results for a particular agenda?

any poll can be presented in any way to suit the pollers viewpoint. however, with this, I think DCi is being above board. It seems since Indy, they are starting to realize honesty is the best policy

strong in you the Force is

I totally heard this in Obi Wan's voice...

openness.jpg

I'm trying to be unbiased in my analysis. I'm not reflecting a natural tendency towards conspiracy.

Please discuss why we should, or should not, trust the DCI and, for that matter, the G7 data as being well researched, documented, transparent, and legitimate?

According to the story on DCI's website, the financial numbers they presented are "highlights of the 2009 audited financial statements". Short of them posting the entire report from their auditor, I think you have your answer on the financial results - yes, you can trust that information.

As for the research numbers, I find them to be trustworthy as well.

I have heard Steve Auditore speak on a couple of occassions and the impression I got was that he had strong opinions about many topics - all based on what his research was telling him. If his research tells him that DCI is right, that's what he'll say. If his research tells him that the G7 is right, that's what he'll say.

And, one other interesting fact - Steve used to be a board member of the Blue Devils.