Now, what possible fun would that be?

As I always say, no time like the present! :ph34r:

The World According to Garf! :tongue:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There might be others out there, but remember that those of us who are geographically challenged (West Coast folks) don't really have the opportunity to see them unless we want to drive 1500 miles

Hey newseditor44, I swear you were at some of the early shows in California last year and gave some outstanding reviews, even though never really lovin' on the old Bravo Delta's. An early "chair hater" as I recall. Anyway, I think if you give this show some room, you might find it "something old, something new, something borrowed and something Jazz". If you're looking for long complete melodies, that are easy to follow, repeated phases and SOP's blowing their brains out in competition with decibels only dogs can hear, I think Wayne has moved on...for now. Other corps (Bluecoats :ph34r: ) may take up the mantle but the Devs are clearly heading in a brand new direction musically and visually and my guess is they will be taking alot of new marching organizations along with them. You know, not everyone has to be the same. I bet "La Suerte..." in the closer will bring the house down and a smile to an old fan. :tongue:

Edited by Plan9

1994 Suncoast Sound Sing a New Song Glad

1994 Suncoast Sound Kyrie Glad

1999 Teal Sound Intro to Amen Glad

2005 Carolina Crown The Reason Glad

2005 Carolina Crown A Mighty Fortress Amazon Glad

2010 Connecticut Hurricanes Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee GLAD

2010 Connecticut Hurricanes Before the Throne of God Above GLAD

You missed 1995 Glassmen and ( I think) one or two others.

I don't know about this show...It doesn't seem like a show that will win. Then again, BD is extremely talented and the show design doesn't define how good a corps is, but this year just doesn't seem like BD's year.

After listening to to that short trailer filled wth just concepts, but with no music, no drill, no marchers, no drums, no guard, no people even depicted.... no NOTHING depicted actually, you can actually say that ( quote ) " it doesn't seem like a show that will win.... and....this year just doesn't seem like BD's year " ?

As BD said on the field a few years back :..... " Yowza !! "

Edited by BRASSO

After listening to to that short trailerth concepts, but with no music, no drill, no marchers, no drums, no guard.... no nothing, you can that " it doesn't seem like a show that will win.... and....this year just doesn't seem like BD's year " ?

It's called "wishful thinking"!

It's called "wishful thinking"!

haha...exactly.

It's amazing the things we can say about a show performance not only before the curtain goes up.... but from looking at the advertisement via the wall posters of the actors and actresses posted on the wall outside the theatre.... haha !

You missed 1995 Glassmen and ( I think) one or two others.

If I did, sorry. I went straight from the corpsreps website. they could be wrong, but I don't know.

Ok, just watched the whole thing. That was stupid. Give me my three minutes back. Over-wrought, corny, and over-the-top. Represents the complete antithesis of the Blue Devils as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait to see the show, please don't release any more bad videos.

Uh oh, Lakers won! Looks like a year for California Back to Backs! :tongue:

Go Blue Crew!