FirstBEAT "Pink Out"

The home show of Carolina Crown FirstBEAT will be dedicated to cancer awareness. This show has been dubbed a "pink out" show and the corps will all be wearing pink. The following corps will be there....

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Spirit - Jacksonville, AL

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

Alliance - Atlanta, GA

Atlanta CorpsVets - Atlanta, GA

All the participating corps will wear pink as we "PINK OUT" in support of cancer awareness.

We all know what Crown will be wearing.....any ideas about the other corps?

28484_579525509512_44100867_3376930.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to repeat what I said in another thread, as brother to a breast cancer survivor, what a wonderful idea!

I just have to repeat what I said in another thread, as brother to a breast cancer survivor, what a wonderful idea!

I concur. My sis has been cancer free for 7 years now!

As a reluctant new member of the pink club, I also support and am touched by this gesture on behalf of drum corps. I just finished up chemo and radiation and am now an 8 month survivor. Imagine, the whole time that my son was marching the Cadets breast cancer show, I had it and didn’t know it.

I think it is wonderful that MLB supports a pink day for breast cancer awareness on Mother’s Day and a blue day for prostate cancer awareness (which my brother has) on Father’s Day, and I am glad to see Drum Corps take up the challenge. I hope that they maybe see a little increase in their attendance because of it, as many people know someone with cancer and like to help support the cause.

Wish I could attend First Beat, but my son will be there, and I’ll be giving him my pink Cadets cap that I wore during chemo to wear on my behalf.

As a reluctant new member of the pink club, I also support and am touched by this gesture on behalf of drum corps. I just finished up chemo and radiation and am now an 8 month survivor. Imagine, the whole time that my son was marching the Cadets breast cancer show, I had it and didn’t know it.

I think it is wonderful that MLB supports a pink day for breast cancer awareness on Mother’s Day and a blue day for prostate cancer awareness (which my brother has) on Father’s Day, and I am glad to see Drum Corps take up the challenge. I hope that they maybe see a little increase in their attendance because of it, as many people know someone with cancer and like to help support the cause.

Wish I could attend First Beat, but my son will be there, and I’ll be giving him my pink Cadets cap that I wore during chemo to wear on my behalf.

Wow, what a story and that is wonderful news about your recovery, your post just made me COL (Cry Out Loud).

Guys in the Crown hornline pinking out for rehearsal

0620001045.jpg

(courtesy J Webb)

Start Time

Show Start, Anthems 7:00 PM

Atlanta CorpsVets 7:10 PM

Alliance 7:27 PM

Teal Sound 7:44 PM

Spirit 8:01 PM

Intermission 8:18 PM

The Cavaliers 8:48 PM

The Cadets 9:05 PM