REMATCH

What a ridiculous post.

Not only will Cavaliers catch the Cadets, but they will do it soon. I also believe that they will give Crown a run for their money down the road. It won't be for a while, but it will happen. Cavaliers are a filthy mess, but their hornline is MUCH stronger than last year (as is their drumline and guard). Plus their show has a ton of room for growth. Crown & Cadets shows do not have as much in my opinion. Cadets are doing a cheesy version of the machine show and Crown is holding their show design together by the fact that they are performing the snot out of it.

The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Does everyone remember Bluecoats in 2007? They were beating everyone early season and their hornline was smashing everyone they saw (and deservedly so), but their show didn't have legs and they finished 7th. So, lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

Did you see them yet ?

G

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ridiculous post.

Not only will Cavaliers catch the Cadets, but they will do it soon. I also believe that they will give Crown a run for their money down the road. It won't be for a while, but it will happen. Cavaliers are a filthy mess, but their hornline is MUCH stronger than last year (as is their drumline and guard). Plus their show has a ton of room for growth. Crown & Cadets shows do not have as much in my opinion. Cadets are doing a cheesy version of the machine show and Crown is holding their show design together by the fact that they are performing the snot out of it.

The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Does everyone remember Bluecoats in 2007? They were beating everyone early season and their hornline was smashing everyone they saw (and deservedly so), but their show didn't have legs and they finished 7th. So, lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

Ok, I understand, my post is ridiculous. It's been two shows, and only three corps have competed. But I have a right to my opinion, and I stand by it, and I'll be reviving this thread come August when Crown wins, Cadets are third, and Cavies are fifth. See you in a couple of months.

Exactly. Only 3 corps have competed so far. It's absolutely insane to make those kinds of statements. I remember when I had my forst beer so I'll reserve judgement for now. :tongue:

::shrug:: I call it like I see it. Feel free to mock me come August if Cavies win and Crown comes in sixth. There's just no way I see it happening, and frankly the person that said Cavies have a superior show to Crown is just delusional. The biggest GE moment of Cavies show right now is the hornline doing push-ups on the field. Wow, guys, really pushing the envelope.

Ok, I understand, my post is ridiculous. It's been two shows, and only three corps have competed. But I have a right to my opinion, and I stand by it, and I'll be reviving this thread come August when Crown wins, Cadets are third, and Cavies are fifth. See you in a couple of months.

you can on it.

I think Crown will be 5 points over Cadets soon..

The problem is that when Crown starts getting 99s in June will everyone else just give up? :tongue:

::shrug:: I call it like I see it. Feel free to mock me come August if Cavies win and Crown comes in sixth. There's just no way I see it happening, and frankly the person that said Cavies have a superior show to Crown is just delusional. The biggest GE moment of Cavies show right now is the hornline doing push-ups on the field. Wow, guys, really pushing the envelope.

The mockery will be swift but it will be according to DCP guidelines. :tongue:

Well, since that delusional person is me, go ahead and describe to me what is so innovative about Crown's show. They are playing a show full of second symphonies and second movements and calling it a second chance. They do it INCREDIBLY well right now. I mean, their hornline is out of this world good, BUT I am talking about the show itself. What is cutting edge about their show besides the level in which they execute it?

All I am saying is that you need to have a great show in order to win AND you need to be clean. Crown will probably be the cleanest corps come Finals, but will their show design be enough to win? You can probably bet that the blue devils will be and I honestly think that the cavaliers SHOW will be too. Their issue will be can they clean it.... IF they do, I believe that they CAN catch crown.

That's my opinion, and by the looks of your signature it comes with about 20 years more experience in the activity... but whatever.

The problem is that when Crown starts getting 99s in June will everyone else just give up? :tongue:

I think there will be room for 5 teams between em