Pioneer 2010 Opener Video

how much are fees? I may be able to get a mallet player for you.

Call (414) 333-2235 this is a great year to be a part of.

Are there S. African students with the corps this year as well?

Yes there are South African students again this year, Also students from England and Japan. I think they said the kids from Mexico are coming today.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Roman and our melllophone tech Oscar Escobar (as a translator if needed..LOL) are going to Chicago to pick up 10 students that are coming from Mexico City today. They will compliment our growing program. They are in a drum corps program there as well.

We will be doing ensemble chunk rehearsals all day today and a few runs of the show... if you are near Milwaukee stop by. It is pretty exciting right now. Another short rehearsal day tomorrow and it is ON THE ROAD more prepared than ever IMO. We spent 4 days last week with Jarrod Huntley of the Blue Devils visual staff working on our physical training and movement skills and today and tomorrow our visual arranger Jeff Wroblewski will be in to add any last minute tweaks to the show. We presently have most of our members all the way through the show!

We are realistic about the season but also hopeful as well.

Donny

And perhaps the best news of all is that we have a bus driver that marched Blue Rock!!!!

DA

And perhaps the best news of all is that we have a bus driver that marched Blue Rock!!!!

DA

Very nice! :tongue: Any word on the new uniforms?

LOL...This is actually what we all have been working for. This was bound to happen if we could retain the kids that we have been developing for a few years. The show is so different from the Pioneer shows people are used to, that I am pretty sure we will surprise folks with our presence this year.

We are also happy to announce that we are filling up the corps with students from Mexico, so what we wrote for will be filled. We are coming on the road with 54 brass, and a full drum line!!! We still have a couple of guard openings to fill. The only other openings we have presently are possibly one tuba and a four mallet keyboardist for the pit.

That clip was from a rained out night when we had to go inside. I dont remember Pioneer being as ready as we are this early ever. Who knows...Looking forward to moving out of Milwaukee Monday, after a few dress runs tomorrow!!!

Donny

Who is this Donny guy?

You've got the whole Spirit/Georgia On My Mind thing going well here...

You'll get a GREAT crowd reaction from that opener if it's staged correctly (ie: staged to maximize VOLUME!...and not the 'artistic depth of vision and ultimate meaning of the audio/visual package vis a vis the students and their journey and understanding of their role and function within the structure of the musical product'.

You've got the whole Spirit/Georgia On My Mind thing going well here...

You'll get a GREAT crowd reaction from that opener if it's staged correctly (ie: staged to maximize VOLUME!...and not the 'artistic depth of vision and ultimate meaning of the audio/visual package vis a vis the students and their journey and understanding of their role and function within the structure of the musical product'.

It is staged correctly alright...................you'll see!!

What a first class organization...good luck Pio!!! Can't wait to see you in ATL!