Boston Crusaders 2010

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have no problem with post-Howard staff, but frustrated with too many out of the top six finishes. Before anyone responds about "it's about the performance", then don't keep score.

The Crusaders have made the top six THREE times in their existence, and yet you speak like it's something that should just be expected or handed to them annually. The current staff has already guided the corps to 7th place last year after being stuck in the 9th-10th place rut since 2004. Would you like to take a ride in the way-back machine to a point in time where your beloved corps had yet to even THINK about making finals in the DCI era? It took them 27 years before they made finals. If you can wait that long, I'm sure you can suffer (I feel like that's the appropriate word given your seemingly selfish and cynical view of the corps) through a few more years while they work to consistently crack the top half of finals.

And regarding your charitable donations to the corps: Doing so because of love for your corps is a genuine act out of the kindness of your heart; doing so with the intent to defend yourself or proclaim your charitability on a message board is self-aggrandizing and selfish. The more you write the more it comes across as "the corps only has one obligation, and that is to please me." I'd like to think they have more on their minds than to please someone who is practically belittling their efforts.

After a couple of great rehearsal days in Kansas, the Corps is in Oklahoma, practicing this morning, laundry this afternoon and a show tonight! Good to hear that a couple of alumns stopped by!

Too much time off for my tastes.

As an aside Ghost, do you really have a YELLOW motorcycle you cruise around on, or is this pic in your avatar the motorcycle of your wife, sister, daughter ? Just curious, that's all.

Edited by BRASSO

And regarding your charitable donations to the corps: Doing so because of love for your corps is a genuine act out of the kindness of your heart; doing so with the intent to defend yourself or proclaim your charitability on a message board is self-aggrandizing and selfish.

Was just responding 1084 to a poster who questioned what I had done/was doing to help the corps. After 70 years and an original DCI member, it would be nice if they were doing better placement wise than corps with a much shorter pedigree. Somehow these corps have found a good formula, but in some aspects of life, it may come down to whose war chest is bigger. Seeing BAC average age increasing is a very good sign.

Edited by Ghost

As an aside Ghost, do you really have a YELLOW motorcycle you cruise around on, or is this pic in your avatar the motorcycle of your wife, sister, daughter ? Just curious, that's all.

Your sarcastic question didn't include son(s). When Big Bird shows up to a contest sometime in the years ahead, you'll have your answer in person or from someone else.

Your sarcastic question didn't include son(s). When Big Bird shows up to a contest sometime in the years ahead, you'll have your answer in person or from someone else.

You call it " Big Bird " ?....( Yellow is very pretty color though. )

Edited by BRASSO

After a couple of great rehearsal days in Kansas, the Corps is in Oklahoma, practicing this morning, laundry this afternoon and a show tonight! Good to hear that a couple of alumns stopped by!

Those BAC alums that came by earlier out there are called Oklahoma Sooners, SuperSaderFan.

Good luck to Boston tonite.

Edited by BRASSO

You call it " Big Bird " ?....( Yellow is very pretty though)

I've watched Sesame Street in the past! A chosen color to increase the odds of being seen by people who are not driving a vehicle properly.

I've watched Sesame Street in the past! A chosen color to increase the odds of being seen by people who are not driving a vehicle properly.

But if you're a Ghost, does the color really matter ?

Edited by BRASSO