Carolina Crown MMX

To be honest..I hate, no I loathe the unfiroms......but.....but ( I hate to say it) From the stands, the corps has a fresh look and folks, let me tell you, this corps is for real. The scores they are getting are deserved and their field coverage and presence is so far the greatest of the three I have seen.

I think "fresh look" is exactly what they were going for with the uniform. And it *does* all work together on the field. Can't wait to see show flags instead of practice flags.

Here's a google map of Crown's 2010 tour. Its kind of silly this season with lots of double backs and detours.

Woah, got a couple of really long hauls in the Midwest, I remember those. Always hated those few days where you exit the bus to start rehearsal... painful comes to mind.

Herbert is the man! I don't even know the guy, but he's an incredible performer. From all reports from friends of mine in Crown, he's a really nice guy, as well.

I agree!!! I don't even know the guy either, but he has been such a fixture of the Crown guard for how many years now??? I would have sworn he would have aged out by now, but I'm so happy he hasn't. I saw their last rehearsal in Bloomington two years back and he seemed like a really cool guy. Is he the guard captain this year??

I agree!!! I don't even know the guy either, but he has been such a fixture of the Crown guard for how many years now??? I would have sworn he would have aged out by now, but I'm so happy he hasn't. I saw their last rehearsal in Bloomington two years back and he seemed like a really cool guy. Is he the guard captain this year??

this will be at least his 5th year in the guard.

Here's a google map of Crown's 2010 tour. Its kind of silly this season with lots of double backs and detours.

Mike, I tried to do this because Crown's going to be in Dublin twice this year. But Google wouldn't let me assign more than 20 stops. Did you run into this?

Cool map. I love maps.

Mike, I tried to do this because Crown's going to be in Dublin twice this year. But Google wouldn't let me assign more than 20 stops. Did you run into this?

Cool map. I love maps.

I didn't use the directions feature -- I just drew everything by hand.

I actually really like those costumes, at least from that pic. Look forward to seeing it!

Cadets have a long haul out to CO this year, too. Bleh...

To be honest..I hate, no I loathe the unfiroms......but.....but ( I hate to say it) From the stands, the corps has a fresh look and folks, let me tell you, this corps is for real. The scores they are getting are deserved and their field coverage and presence is so far the greatest of the three I have seen.

Drawing a comparison, if I may, I really hear echoes of Star of Indiana in their Brass delivery, projection and fundamentals.........Would not at all be surprised if they win and do not get caugh by Cavies or Cadets all year.

G

From what I've seen of the show, I have to agree with you on this. Crown definitely means business this year.