Official Teal Sound

I have never watched a show live or video since you never came to any shows near me. Welcome to world class. I saw a video from their family show and they sound great. One of few groups using cymbal players. I cant wait to see it live in BG. You guys are going to have a great season.

I was always a big fan of Teal Sound when they competed in Div II/Open Class at the smaller shows in the Atlanta area a few years ago. They always surprised me with volume and intricate drill and their guard, particularly rifle line, was also impressive.

I will say I am concerned with the use of guitars in the front ensemble, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the show myself.

Anyone know what numbers per section they are marching this season? Number of vets?

Best of luck Teal Sound and welcome to World Class!!! Hoping your inaugural year lands a spot on Friday night in Indy!

Edited by chadwick

I was always a big fan of Teal Sound when they competed in Div II/Open Class at the smaller shows in the Atlanta area a few years ago. They always surprised me with volume and intricate drill and their guard, particularly rifle line, was also impressive.

I will say I am concerned with the use of guitars in the front ensemble, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the show myself.

Anyone know what numbers per section they are marching this season? Number of vets?

Best of luck Teal Sound and welcome to World Class!!! Hoping you inaugural year lands a spot on Friday night in Indy!

I'm concerned with more than just the guitar, I'm concerned with the entire design of the program this year, particularly in terms of contrast and pacing. But what can I say, it's not my place to offer any actual criticism. From what I could see in the video, the only section I could definitely count were the low end, with 8 members, and the hornline looked to be about 50 strong. Drumline was 8/5/5 if I'm not mistaken.

I may have been in the minority, but I actually really liked their show "Behind the Velvet Rope." I thought it was conceptually intriguing and fairly strong for an Open Class corps. I'm hoping that with the jump to WC, they've attracted new talent as well as retained a lot of their prior members.

Teal is marching the following numbers for 2010:

56 Brass

21 Battery Percussion

16 Front Ensemble

24 Guard (Still have 2 holes to fill here)

2 DM's

119 Total Members plus 2 alternates

Number of Vets = 42

I've been hosting Teal Sound in Michigan City since Friday. They will be here until July 5 and will return later in the month. I've known Randy, Brian & Lainey for several years. This is an outstanding group. The staff, volunteers & members are first class. We're having a great time while they are here. The corps performed a wonderful concert Friday for the community. If you are looking for a corps to march with, please consider Teal Sound.

See you later this week Randy.

Mike