The OFFICIAL 2010 Bluecoats Thread

I have seen and heard things about this show that blow my mind. The design is spot on, since they've had a drill designer that STAYS with them. The color guard looks great, the brass and drums are as rockin' as ever and I have no doubt they will turn some heads.

Feel free to share thoughts/comments/pictures/stories about how they melted your face with their sound.

Yeah we got our own thread finally..... :smile: sometimes I feel we're the Rodney Dangerfield of DCI :)

• Like 1

I always look forward to seeing the Bluecoats. Here's to keeping your blue coats on this year!

Spectacular opening night for Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue

I went to the special showing on Saturday and I wasn't impressed.

That's interesting how different people can have different takes on shows. I was impressed by the complexity of design and the level of performance for June. I think most folks who attended the show would say something similar.

Well, I too was at the special Saturday show...and it sucked...big time. However I was also there on Friday the 19th...I saw how hard they worked, and more importantly, how much the kids and staff drove each other. Friday's run through was outstanding - better in every way shape and form from Saturday's...and Saturday was an 'easier' day.

Now - why would that be? Why, after 4 solid weeks of beating their own brains out for 11 hours a day would a corps find that a full uniform, heat of the afternoon, looking into the sun, sit there and wait for someone to speak to the the audience for 10 whole minutes before you start, performance be in any way lacking? Plus, there was another issue that contributed to their trouble, but since I'm not part of the Bluecoat family, I'll say nothing. But it had to be an issue - one I'm positive is now resolved.

I believe Saturday was a great reason to believe they'll be fine - especially after what I witnessed on Friday. In what better part of the season to lay an egg than prior to your first competition? The kids will quickly learn how awful that feels, and find a way to succeed in spite of whatever may be going on around them.

Come on family of Blue...stop nay-saying your own based on one hexed performance...