The OFFICIAL 2010 Bluecoats Thread

Oh man... It's awesome! :sad: It's the piece I've been looking forward to the most out of every corps, but I was a bit skeptical that it could be pulled off and work well with drum corps. I'm proud to say that I was completely wrong. If you're not a fan of Mackey, or more specifically Asphalt Cocktail, then you probably won't like it. But if you are, well, it's killer.

Okay good, I love his (mackeys) pieces, and asphalt was the first score if his I ever bought ( I still find stuff new stuff in his orchestions every time I see it, it seems) and I'm glad that the coats treat it well, I can't wait to hear it

I must know is there a trash can, please say yes, please

Edited by ohwiseone

Okay good, I love his (mackeys) pieces, and asphalt was the first score if his I ever bought ( I still find stuff new stuff in his orchestions every time I see it, it seems) and I'm glad that the coats treat it well, I can't wait to hear it

I must know is there a trash can, please say yes, please

Not an actual trash can, but I believe the part is covered by some very trashy sounding china cymbals.

I hope John Mackey gets a chance to see the corps perform this. I think he will be very pleased!

I watched the on-demand video tonight, and I can honestly say I have no idea what they're trying to portray or how. I have no idea what "Metropolis" means with this show. The music is discordant, jagged and punchy.

But they do it so well, and with such a great understanding of an underlying funky beat to it, you can't help but like it. I may have to use both feet to tap along with it, but my goodness is that a catchy and entertaining program. :sad: And they work in such great little touches - a horn snap here and there, just a *little* movement here that reorients everyone - that they come off looking incredibly slick and professional. I know there's been no doubt the last few years, but this is clearly a "big boy" program in design and execution. Even if I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to be taking from it!

Mike

I would think that it would be more of a "Rock-out" or a "stop and blow" piece, but I get the feeling from reading here, that there doing some fast drill during it

Oh yeah... It's definitely not "park and blow."

That what is was called, I knew it was something along those lines.

Well it appears That the Bluecoats just made another fan happy with there show selection (I have loved the Coats since "Connexus" (Which i still say is an amazing show), and so far they have picked really well in there shows ( expect for last year, though it did grow on me, after i saw the Finals DVD)

Just had my first viewing of this show on fan network and I must say I think this is the most positive I've felt of a show in a couple of years. To me this show doesn't feel forced like a couple of others in the past have seemed to me. The theme is there, but it isn't slapping me in the face, which I appreciate. I feel that there will be a lot more development visually, but I like what is there right now. I think the music is kicking and the horn-line is playing!!!

Love the show Bluecoats!

6 words

I attended several Bluecoats ensemble rehearsals during spring training and the vibe was very good. I left most rehearsals just feeling "Wow!!! This is going to be a great year: an exciting show, great member attitude and maturity, and a staff that is really is good."

On Saturday the corps did put on a somewhat lackluster debut performance (5:00 step-off, hotter than hell, 5" grass,etc.) but so what? Look what has followed.

Their final run on Sunday before leaving on tour was back on turf and was simply amazing!

I attended Lousville and I could not believe the progress in the execution and performance level since Sunday afternoon! I thought Tuesday's performance was excellent, they got a great score, and made a bit of history.

I am looking forward to seeing the show tonight in BG after two more days including one full rehearsal day.

I think it is going to be a great year for the Bluecoats. Go Blooooo!

Sometimes, I wish the Bluecoats wouldn't rely so much on electronics and effects . . .they tend to distract a bit from the overall production.

That said, there's a lot of other things to like here. . .the closer definitely lets the horns loose. I imagine they'll probably stay well ahead of Regiment and probably fight with the Cavaliers most of the season.

I wasn't familiar with a lot of the source material, but, I was drawn in to the vibe of the show much more than with Phantom Regiment . . .even despite the miked solo.

I have watched this show on FN about five times now and I am really impressed with what I am seeing so far. The fluidness of design and the execution are both pretty impressive for this early in the season. I didn't know what to expect after everyone dogged their debut performance but that was an awesome surprise.

This is definitely one of my favorite shows of the season so far - I can't wait to see it live!

Bloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!