Louie Louisville

I think Bluuuuuue could take it.....if you look at the first show scores Blue was right with Crown (I know different panels) but it says alot....It's gonna be interesting to see where Bluuuue is scorewise by the weekend cadets/crown added 2-3 points in their first 4 shows how many can blue add :)

I'll be at the show tonight. I won't be giving live updates (I'm just not into that whole mobile technology thing), but I will write a detailed review after the show. Is there anything specific anyone wants me to look/listen for?

It will be a scorcher, hopefully that doesn't hurt the brass sound too much. Also, since DCI last visited Papa John's Stadium (in 2008), they have added a massive section to the back of the stadium. Total seating capacity went from 43,000 to around 65,000 I think. It will be interesting to hear how much a difference that makes on backfield playing. It will probably be the first time for most of these corps playing back to that big of a back stands. I can't wait!

Edited by Tez

I will write a detailed review after the show. Is there anything specific anyone wants me to look/listen for?

People seem to be ignoring the smaller corps, like Pioneer and Teal. I've got quite a few friends in Teal and I would love to hear how they're doing, not just a "Teal Sound - Welcome to world class!" review.

People seem to be ignoring the smaller corps, like Pioneer and Teal. I've got quite a few friends in Teal and I would love to hear how they're doing, not just a "Teal Sound - Welcome to world class!" review.

Based on what I saw last night:

Show design for a first year World Class corps--good

Show design if this corps has been in World Class for 10 years--weak

Performance level--could be more.

Guitars--get rid of them.

I'll be at the show tonight. I won't be giving live updates (I'm just not into that whole mobile technology thing), but I will write a detailed review after the show. Is there anything specific anyone wants me to look/listen for?

Pictures of glassmen phantom and bluecoats? How glassmens drill is since that's been a weakness the last couple of years.

I think Bluuuuuue could take it.....if you look at the first show scores Blue was right with Crown (I know different panels) but it says alot....It's gonna be interesting to see where Bluuuue is scorewise by the weekend cadets/crown added 2-3 points in their first 4 shows how many can blue add :)

Stick with your first thought there, different shows are not comparable in any way at this point, and only in extremely limited ways later on. You won't know how Bluecoats compare to Crown until they're head to head.

Edited by BozzlyB

Pictures of glassmen phantom and bluecoats? How glassmens drill is since that's been a weakness the last couple of years.

drill doesn't matter anymore. with wgi visual judges, all they'll have to do is have a good guard and the horn line do some of those silly body moves

Based on what I saw last night:

Show design for a first year World Class corps--good

Show design if this corps has been in World Class for 10 years--weak

Performance level--could be more.

Guitars--get rid of them.

Yeah, I watched their video on the Fan Network, and as much as I love the kids involved, I feel basically the same way.

Especially about the guitars.

When Bluecoats take the field simply sit back and ENJOY. This is a very exciting corps that has been given some great music, great drill and one of the best guard books I've ever seen. I got to follow their progress throughout Spring training and this show has the potential to set a new standard for them by the end of the season.