Colts 2010

Anybody got any updates on the Colts ? We don't hear much about them on DCP.

In the last 16 years, this Corps has finished in the top 12 half the time ( 8 ). Last year they missed Top 12 by 3 tenths in the Semi's. They were 14th in 2008 and 13th in 2009, improving their Semi's scores from the previous year too.

They come out of the gate for this season Fri. nite, it appears. How are they doing in readiness ?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on their cornfield tour with them and I think they'll show up to Normal, IL good and ready. Brass line can play! Totally different corps from last year.

I'm on their cornfield tour with them and I think they'll show up to Normal, IL good and ready. Brass line can play! Totally different corps from last year.

And they were great last year!! Easily could have been in Finals, but just too many corps for too few spots. Can't wait to see what they put on the field this year...it's been awfully quiet in Iowa this off season!

Good things are coming out of Iowa! Got to see the show a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say, it's got all the Colts hallmarks--lots of melody, a powerful ballad, and great entertainment value.

The biggest difference from last year is the hornline sound. Much more rich than last year (and much louder as a result!). It's going to be put to good use, as the horn book is a step up from last year, especially Pollock. Percussion's got a lot of vets and is a ton of fun to watch and listen to--and personally, I'm crazy about the six-person cymbal line!

Can't speak much to the color guard or the visual program. Guard seemed full and well-prepared, they were layering in work but I just don't know how to talk about what I saw. As for visual, couldn't get a good angle from it just because of shallow high school stands.

I can't say where anyone will wind up come August, especially since every corps seems to step up their game season after season. I've seen with my own eyes that the Colts have stepped up theirs. Go Red Team!

I have to agree with the previous posters - you are going to like what you see from the Colts. They will come out of the gate ready to battle for a finals spot.

The brass is WAY above last year, the show concept is better, the drumline full of vets and the guard is very good as usual. The only negative has been the constant pelting of RAIN that has hit Iowa over the past two weeks, slowing down the drill work... but the Colts will be ready for Normal.

I expect there to be another dogfight for the 9 - 12 spots again this summer - and I fully expect the Red Team to be right there in the mix of things.

It's going to be a great season of drum corps!!

Good feedback on the Colts on this thread. Thanks for that update on them.

One of my best friends is marching Colts this year, so I'm hopping on the bandwagon.

Go Red Team!

Edited by megadrive

They posted a couple days ago the need to immediately fill a Tuba hole...anyone know if this was filled?