Colts 2010

They posted a couple days ago the need to immediately fill a Tuba hole...anyone know if this was filled?

No it has not been filled yet. For anyone who did not see the post we are offering significant discounts on fees and flexible payment arrangements to fill that spot.

Anyone interested should contact Mike Grimes at 502-417-4548.

Thanks for asking!

Chris Tomsa

Colts Brass Arranger

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuba players are hard to come by right now it seems.

With all these tuba holes out there, it makes me wish I wasn't too old... Ahh well, can't be an MM forever. It's OK though, being a fan gets me both more AC and more sleep.

I was never much of a Colt fan until last year. They had a talented corps and a well written, enjoyable show in '09.

Interesting to see if they can continue in the same vein this summer. Unfortunately, my one and only viewing of them again this season will be at the live theater showing of semis.

Edited by morganhill

Not hearing too much about the Colts this year. They are a good 4 points behind Madison right now which can easily change, but for those of you that have seen them, what are your thoughts on their show? Are the a big threat for a spot in Finals?

Not hearing too much about the Colts this year. They are a good 4 points behind Madison right now which can easily change, but for those of you that have seen them, what are your thoughts on their show? Are the a big threat for a spot in Finals?

That is a tough call at this point. Comparing them to Madison is really pointless, everyone is pretty much calling Madison a finalist, so given the significant spread between Madison and Colts it comes down to whether or not Madison is competing for 12th or 8th. Just too early and not enough information to go on. We'll have a better idea when we see Colts head to head with Troopers, Crossmen and a handfull of other corps. I do think we're in for a very intertaining race for finals night once again!

I would say Madison is in solid with the show that I saw on the fan network, and may do further damage......

However, I will say that I believe the Colts product is much stronger than Glassmen at this point........I think the reason for the Colts' slightly low scores is they are having typical early season execution problems, which I noticed in the video. However, I would much rather have execution troubles with a show that is going to work, than be cleaner with one that is not. I look for them to improve, and once they start executing they will move up, and I think the show will grab the last finalist spot.

GB

I would say Madison is in solid with the show that I saw on the fan network, and may do further damage......

However, I will say that I believe the Colts product is much stronger than Glassmen at this point........I think the reason for the Colts' slightly low scores is they are having typical early season execution problems, which I noticed in the video. However, I would much rather have execution troubles with a show that is going to work, than be cleaner with one that is not. I look for them to improve, and once they start executing they will move up, and I think the show will grab the last finalist spot.

GB

Not so sure, Glassmen have been making finals with a huge degree of consistency for many moons. They are typically a very bad bet to NOT make it in. With that said, I don't think beating Glassmen this year is necessarily a requisite for making finals.

This years show has much more depth and potential both musically and visually then last years program.....and I really liked last years show. While I believe they were cleaner at this time last year I also believe this years show allows much more room for improvement from the corps throughout the season. The brass sound seems much improved and richer this year... yet still inconsistent in portions of the show that lends itself to sectional exposure. Visually they have a very strong program that is just not clean yet, much of that slower start(besides being early) can be attributed to very poor weather during their cornfield tour but suspect you will see visual scores improving very steadily as the show really is stronger visually then last years version. Their guard work seems to be more difficult then last years version as well and really like the integration of the weapons throughout the show. Not much of a percussion guy but I like what I hear and think the front ensemble sounds great for this time of year. I agree with previous comments that the only way into finals this year for any of the aspiring corps would probably be through unseating the Toledo Corps as I believe Madison is a lock. Should be a very interesting and fun season. GL RED TEAM!