Colts 2010

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also at their show last night and was a bit underwhelmed. Not that the members are doing anything less than could be expected - but the show itself is esoteric drum corps that has been seen/ done before. Nothing really jumped out in terms of "color" and if that is your title "True Colors"...... The mid section got a bit into each section having their own "voice" with a bit of a solo performance, but that was done on a much larger scale last year by Glassmen.

And I know this is only the concept element of a whole program. But what worries me is how competitive each of these World corps has become and how important identity is. I didn't see any identity or individuality come throughout the whole show and that is going to take a toll on them no matter how well the members perform the hell out of it.

The Colts show as of now is a skeleton. It is an innovative concept (It's not just about color) that has more potential to grow in comparison to their immediate competition. I'm sure the concept will develop nicely in the coming weeks.

I was also at their show last night and was a bit underwhelmed. Not that the members are doing anything less than could be expected - but the show itself is esoteric drum corps that has been seen/ done before. Nothing really jumped out in terms of "color" and if that is your title "True Colors"...... The mid section got a bit into each section having their own "voice" with a bit of a solo performance, but that was done on a much larger scale last year by Glassmen.

And I know this is only the concept element of a whole program. But what worries me is how competitive each of these World corps has become and how important identity is. I didn't see any identity or individuality come throughout the whole show and that is going to take a toll on them no matter how well the members perform the hell out of it.

The Colts were set back a little with two weeks of solid rain just before the season started. I think you will soon see all the peices come together and the colors added - then the identity will really come out. This is an outstanding show.

They look very dirty now, but I still think this year's Colts have the potential to challenge for the 10 spot. Whether they get it together by August - and get the scores to reward that effort - only time will tell.

July is going to be one intense month of competition at ALL levels!!

The Colts were set back a little with two weeks of solid rain just before the season started. I think you will soon see all the peices come together and the colors added - then the identity will really come out. This is an outstanding show.

They look very dirty now, but I still think this year's Colts have the potential to challenge for the 10 spot. Whether they get it together by August - and get the scores to reward that effort - only time will tell.

July is going to be one intense month of competition at ALL levels!!

I'd love to see the Red Team back in 10... :sleeping:

I love Goats this year. Beautiful show. Lots of potential. Great Guard. Very fan friendly.

Great show.

goat3a.jpg?

Colts headed into their change camp this week. We'll see what happens afterwards.

Hopefully we will see some COLOR on the guard soon!

I will see the Colts next week, so I'll provide a full review then.

Meanwhile, Based on what I have read - the Colts usual (past few years) sub par visual design might again hold back the other captions. They have a new visual designer this year as well.

Time will tell I guess.