Colts 2010

goat3a.jpg?

saw a bumper sticker on a car in Texas...... :

" never give the calf the bum steer "

now we leave Animal Planet, and back to our regularly scheduled programming on Drum Corps Planet....

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know 2 people marching for Colts this year and I know that change camp started today. And I have also seen the show, I am impressed so far with what they have done with the limited time they had on the field during pre-tour. They will be changing a few different parts of the show, just like with any change camp. They will be adding some color (watch the guard). And they will also be changing a few other elements of the show, which I know, but its no fun spoiling it on here, go out and see the show and support the corps. From what I am hearing, things are very positive for both members and instructors, even for being in the place they are in right now. Time will be the only one to tell, but I have a feeling there will be a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon later in the season when The RedTeam scores soar and put them into finals. (my prediction, over Glassmen)

So my question is...What do you feel the Colts are doing "wrong?" What is holding them back competitively? 2007 saw a VERY competitive Red Team (also a very mature corps) but since then, it's been a challenge to maintain that level of performance. What can they do to improve, in your eyes?

Hopefully their change camp gave them time to adjust and make the show shine. I haven't got to see but little snippets that they've posted on Fan Network for free. Seems like judges think its a great show, but its very dirty.

Question for those who have seen the show live: Does the hornline power actually translate well on the field? I watched the newest video of the hornline of FN and they ARE LOUD and really good but I've only seen the season pass replays and well...you know..the quality isn't good.

I see that they need to work on visual, music sounds pretty good, and the guard is...well, not good. The Colts guard is usually really good, this year I am suprised, low vet return or what? Just some thoughts..

So my question is...What do you feel the Colts are doing "wrong?" What is holding them back competitively? 2007 saw a VERY competitive Red Team (also a very mature corps) but since then, it's been a challenge to maintain that level of performance. What can they do to improve, in your eyes?

Stop being a feeder corps?

I really dont know what happened to 07 colts. I feel they can compete, taking glassmen I dont see happening, especially if scouts keep losing momentum; but dominating the other corps competing for 12-15 is a reality they could execute. Saw them in hutch the brass wasnt there, battery surprised me and guard can strengthen as well. They need to work, and clean. Cutting out an hour of floor time and cutting down on meal time and clean up time to give em a few more reps of show material could show some effect.

End the drum corps fan attitude with some positive reinforcement [beatings]. By drum corps fan attitude I mean the complacency some kids develop over the summer, the 'I made a corps and am just along for the ride' as opposed to 'I made the corps now I gotta fight to perfect the show'. You know, that guy combined with a young corps.