Things that strike you as awesome already

Awesome is the way Fan Network videos don't freeze for 15-30 seconds after starting to buffer like they did last year. Or is it just me?

So far each video is starting immediately and never stops to buffer.

Second.

It's also nice I can listen to a video while doing other stuff on my computer without the video spazzing out.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome things so far:

1.) Carolina Crown's horn line and music.

2.) Bluecoat's drill

3.) Madison Scouts' music and the "evolving" fleur de lis (sp?)

4.) No narration! (Yes, I am aware of the rule changes...)

5.) That long percussion lick in Cadets show. They just keep going and going and going...and then after they're done, they start marching really fast right away. Very cool.

6.) That epic toss in the backfield near the end of Phantom Regiment's show after they form the chevron.

7.) Carolina Crown's horn line and music. Oh, I already said that one. What can I say? I think they will take it all this year, terrible uniforms and all.

Awesome things for me:

1. Carolina Crown - Holy #### they are executing their show like crazy. And they sound crazy good....but I haven't seen them live yet to make that call.

2. Crossmen - Looking at the rankings....and not all the corps have performed yet, Crossmen sits at 8th, Blue Knights at 9th. :devil: I wonder if I'm seeing things....but it's awesome regardless.

3. Blue Devils - This is the only corps that is amazing me and they haven't had their first show yet (tonight). I am looking forward to going to the Fairfax, VA show and see BD live. In August!! :tongue:

Just watched the Cavaliers show properly -

WOW! Love it!

Is it just me or is this the year of really entertaining shows?

This season is stacking up to be one of the most fan friendly & entertaining in quite a while.

Awesome things for me:

1. Carolina Crown - Holy #### they are executing their show like crazy. And they sound crazy good....but I haven't seen them live yet to make that call.

2. Crossmen - Looking at the rankings....and not all the corps have performed yet, Crossmen sits at 8th, Blue Knights at 9th. :rock: I wonder if I'm seeing things....but it's awesome regardless.

3. Blue Devils - This is the only corps that is amazing me and they haven't had their first show yet (tonight). I am looking forward to going to the Fairfax, VA show and see BD live. In August!! :tongue:

all good.. Biggest awesome strike already is the terrible choice of NEW uniforms by

Madison

Spirit

Blue stars

Troopers

Crown

just terrible. usually there is 1 or 2 new ones that are bad but is this the new trend ? hope not.

From what i have heard.

Crown -darn good and clean , a little dull.

BD-a machine again.

Cadets , great program ,not as difficult as in the past.

Bluecoats ,the real deal.

Crossmen, entertaining and drum line is back.

Pioneer ,Much better.

Troopers ,dirty and ZZZZ

Academy ,great music , bad drill.

Phantom , will be great.

Blue Knights , heard good things but score is very low.

Boston , BIG...

Cavies ,new direction.

Madison's first 33 seconds. it's the only thing online that really grabbed me

:tongue::rock: Agreed.......

Can't wait to hear the full show....

So far, for me, Bluecoats' treatment of Asphalt Cocktail takes the cake. The arrangement is highly recognizable (something that is not always easy to pull of with Mackey), the drill makes near perfect sense and the piece just FITS the corps stylistically like a glove. I love the staggered brass hits, the rock beat about halfway through, and (even though I'm more of more of a brass than guard guy) the 1.5 flag toss that seems to be a visualizer of the hornline's subito piano. I absolutely can't wait to see this live. Hopefully they really push the envelope down the stretch and introduce even more movement...IMO this vehicle has the potential to be the closer of the year.