• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Stars ending........priceless! :tongue:

Definitely very curious about this..

Blue Stars ending........priceless! :devil:

NO FAIR! We haven't seen it yet. :tongue:

Most people who hate BD listen and watch the show...find themselves continually amazed...the shake their head with instant memory...'Oh yeah...I hate BD...TARNATION!'

+1 on this. The sound alone is enough to make a blind person say WOW. But the visual effect varies from almost every vantage point. Amazing.

Everything Madison Scouts this year. They are truly back!

Things that strike me as awesome....

OH! I actually know people who are marching in drum corps personally! :D

Lol but besides that... I'm going to name the awesome things about all the corps I watched so far :D

Oh yeah. These opinions are gathered from watching the shows from videos not from live viewing. So these opinions might change when I do watch the shows live. :D

Awesome things about the Phantom Regiment! (I'll add more when I see more)

- The trumpet solo in the beginning... it makes me feel all happy cuz the way it's just played is incredible. Imagine when it's late in the season? Dam. :D

- The fact that PR is able to play almost (if not as) loud as CC with alot of horn holes. Doesn't the brass line seem much smaller this year or is it just me?

- Their first impact. It may be bright, but man... it's so beautiful.... :D

- Their big chord in I think their Pre-show? (someone confirm me on this) It's when they are facing to the side and they play a big chord and release it... man that's awesome :D

Awesome things about Bluecoats

- The show just being 8+ minutes of intensity and more intensity.

- The hornline just blowing the crap out of their horns for a significant amount of the show

- Asphalt Cocktail. (This shall be a favorite for this year once it cleans up. I know it!) :D

- The Contra Feature of course! :D

- The chance of Bloo medaling?[: It's possible

Awesome things about Carolina Crown

- The preshow big chord where they do the lunge :O AWESOME~

- The impact at the very beginning along with the powerful hits that echo :O

- The crazy brass run that is really clean for this time.

- The tango even though there are phasing problems

- The reprise of Mahler's (is that how u spell it?)

Awesome things about Pioneer

- Trying something new this year and it is an improvement!

- The opening impact with all the brass. That really surprised me when I first listened to it :D

Awesome things about the Cadets

- The trumpet feature in the beginning with the herald trumpets as the rest of the brass and the colorguard march in a block. It's just a wonderful feature that makes me smile everytime I listen to it!

- When the colorguard pulls the flags out in the beginning during the trumpet feature. :D It adds a crazy 'pop' to the block :D

- The some-what "old school" drill during the first big impact with the high mark time :D Seems kinda weird to me to see the Cadets bend their knees :D

- The drill overall... it is some amazing drill! :D I don't like it when any type of drill goes overboard, sacrificing music clarity for visual demand >.<

- The fact that I'm able to connect with a Cadets show for once :D

Yeah that's pretty much all I watched so far :D

Great season so far[: Very musical. Maybe that's why I like it! I'd rather listen to a drum corps who is godly in music and par in visual than a drum corps who is par in music and godly in visual[: The horns are meant to be played, not to just be held[:

As someone who has yet to see a show, I am just going off of the photo's seen here on DCP. But I am struck by the shear number of horns. It seems the 70 - 80 man horn lines jsut add so much.... mass to the field.

Honestly though..... in this regard, it is starting to truely start looking like marching band. Ever see a 400 member band on the field at half time? we are getting there.

Awesome is the way Fan Network videos don't freeze for 15-30 seconds after starting to buffer like they did last year. Or is it just me?

So far each video is starting immediately and never stops to buffer.